Forum PayVault [Security]PayVault Issues

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO payment solution, PayVault.

[Security]PayVault Issues

Postby [GD]AlaaNasro » September 2nd, 2015, 4:50 pm

Hey,
So i made a quick Outfit system,where the main character can change stuff and checkout the items and i used client.payVault.has functions,seems good and works fine,expect,that i tried to hack my game and i can,so i used Cheat Engine and it seems that anyone can easily hack my game and change the name of item to another one and buy it ! so can i switch this system to server side and if so,is there any methods i can use to call it in Action Script 3.0?
Cheers,
Alaa
[GD]AlaaNasro

Re: [Security]PayVault Issues

Postby [GD]AlaaNasro » September 16th, 2015, 6:01 pm

So basically no one wants to answer by the way its not fully fixed but at least i added some functions that made it even more better,
i think this forum going dead day by day !
[GD]AlaaNasro

Postby Guillaume » September 16th, 2015, 7:29 pm

It's not related to Payvaul, in fact, everyone can hack any game with the good tool.
Never trust the client.

In my game, non-consommables items are always rechecked / re-sync when necessary, from Google Play / AppStore , and from the Payvault system.

If none of theses backend contain the purchased item, then i lock the content like it would be.

Ultimately, if you want to add some difficulty to cheat, you may try to encrypt your user unlocked content, and don't using Payvault at all. Everything is possible.
Guillaume

Postby codgamer101 » September 16th, 2015, 7:54 pm

@[GD]AlaaNasro

Don't Spam the Forum's with Stuff you can figure out by you'r Self if you do ur coding in as3 u can't protect it period :P
learn c# don't span forums! make one post not 3
codgamer101

Return to PayVault