Forum PayVault Strange behavior of State: Open

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO payment solution, PayVault.

Strange behavior of State: Open

Postby unboundedgames » December 30th, 2014, 7:19 pm

Using facebookv2 I see in my payvault admin area a lot of 'State: Open' transactions, so I worry some users are not having their purchases completed properly. However I've had no complaints of this, so I decided to do a little testing and found that simply opening the facebook dialogue pertaining to if you will or will not purchase an item places it in this 'State: Open' in payvault area. This means I can add an unlimited number of these to the list simply by opening and closing the payment options... is this normal?

I feel as though my implementation could be what is causing this, but would rather have some type of confirmation I'm doing something wrong before sinking my teeth into API stuff today. This does seem like a problem though, because it'll distort any actual usefulness of the 'open' state, so I'd like to find a solution soon if possible.
unboundedgames
Paid Member

Re: Strange behavior of State: Open

Postby Henrik » January 5th, 2015, 6:08 pm

No, this is intended behaviour. An open transaction is created pretty early in the process for most PayVault providers, and what it typically means is that the user opened a payment window of some sort.

You should expect a high rate of open transactions to closed, since a lot of users will open a payment window and not make a purchase.
Henrik
.IO

Return to PayVault