Forum PayVault PayVault providers

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO payment solution, PayVault.

PayVault providers

Postby Banderaz » December 23rd, 2014, 1:39 pm

Hi,

Is it possible to extend the set of PayVault providers?
Banderaz

Re: PayVault providers

Postby robscherer123 » December 23rd, 2014, 7:27 pm

I don't know that this is possible other than making your own system, which wouldn't be directly integrated into the Payvault. This is definitely one of my top features I would like added though, as there are several payment providers that I would REALLY like to have implemented that I feel my game would benefit from greatly.
robscherer123
Paid Member

Postby JimLion » December 30th, 2014, 5:16 pm

@robscherer123 like what?
JimLion

Postby Guillaume » January 14th, 2015, 6:46 pm

Actually, you can't add external providers purchases in Payvault.

But you can track the purchase in PlayerInsight. As i understand, reading the TOS, Payvault and/or PlayerInsight can be used by YGN to know what you have to give to them. It would be good if an admin can confirm this.

You can use TrackExternalPayment in PlayerInsight to track your external payment. See this page particularly.

Then, depending your implementation, it would be enough.

But if you are embedding non-consommable purchasable items in your game, then it would be problematic if you need to save this on the player Vault. If you are using the standard workflow, this mean that purchases are recorded in the Vault, and not just a custom BigDB information, it's problematic, because your external payment is not "PlayerIO" aware of the purchase, and then purchased objects can't be added automatically to the player Vault.

What can you do so ? It may be a little tricky for some point but:

1. Using ServerCode (Multiplayer mecanism btw) to validate external Payvault purchases.
2. Validating by using, if possible, the same algorythm that would be use to compare the receipt with your PrivateKey or ANY way of validating your receipt, according to the specified provider. For this, read your external provider documentation.
3. Then if you have validated your purchase (by code as said before or if not possible via an external server with a GET/POST request), and because you are on the server side wich has all rights on the backend, you may just give the purchased object to the player, using "Give" or "Credit" methods, see here for the documentation.

This way, purchases will be tracked by PlayerInsight, the Vault will be filled indrectly thanks to the Server Side of your game.

EDIT: Additionnaly, because it's not Payvault Managed, for security reason, you must Historise your receipt number (filtered by platform) on BigDB to avoid that someone use the same purchase receipt multiple time. If true, the step 2 must follow an error workflow instead of giving the object to the user.

Of course, i don't say that this is easy at all, but it would be, in my opinion, the only way for the moment.

Admins, don't hesitate to correct me if what i have written here is totally stupid !
Guillaume

Return to PayVault