Forum PayVault Facebook PayVault seems outdated

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO payment solution, PayVault.

Facebook PayVault seems outdated

Postby unboundedgames » August 6th, 2014, 2:32 am

PayVault config: "Enable PayVault for Facebook Credits" - I don't think Facebook uses credits anymore

Facebookv2 doc: "Click on Edit settings for your app, and on the Basic settings page, add 'playerio.com' to the App Domains field." -is this still valid?

Facebookv2 doc: "Next, navigate to the Real-time updates settings. In this section, you want to add a subscription to 'payments'. In the Fields input box, add 'actions' and 'disputes'." - there is no longer a fields input box, as far as I know.

Facebookv2 doc: "In the Verify Token field, enter 'playerio'." - is this still valid? [tested and working]

Also...
-Does playerIO give the user his/her items through real-time updates if the user is offline when the transaction goes through?
-Am I going to get an email for any disputes that occur, and if so can I change where that email is sent?
-Is a user's (player.PayVault) still determined even if he/she logs in from a different system/IP address? [tested. works, but not sure how]
-Facebook developer settings: In the real-time update settings there's "Payments Object" and "Payment Subscriptions Object", both have a Callback URL, what's the difference if any, and if there is, which one is playerIO setup to handle? [tested, Payments Object working]

Details much appreciated :geek:
Last edited by unboundedgames on August 7th, 2014, 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
unboundedgames
Paid Member

Re: Facebook PayVault seems outdated

Postby Henrik » August 6th, 2014, 9:12 pm

Which documentation page are you reading?

https://gamesnet.yahoo.com/documentatio ... facebookv2

That's the current documentation for the Facebook PayVault provider, are we still linking to the old one from somewhere?
Henrik
.IO

Postby unboundedgames » August 7th, 2014, 9:56 am

Sorry for being vague, not all of my questions pertain to that page, but some do. Edited the original post for clarification, as well as ruling out some of the things I've managed to test today.

Most importantly though, I couldn't find anything there about how disputes are handled or how I'll be notified of their occurrence, or what information I'm given in that event to help resolve it. And couldn't find anything that indicated that a player receives items from real-time updates while offline. The bit about facebook credits I think is in the payvault settings page, but really it's a non-issue, I just thought it was worth mentioning since I know you guys like to have things polished nicely around here.
unboundedgames
Paid Member

Postby Henrik » August 7th, 2014, 9:52 pm

Setup:
App Domains is still valid.
The interface for subscribing to disputes is slightly changed, noted.

Awarding items:
When Facebook makes the callback to our systems, we give the user the item/gold. It doesn't matter if the user is logged on or not, we just update the user's Vault, and it's up to the game to refresh and display to the user.

Disputes:
When we receive a dispute from Facebook we mark those transactions in PayVault as disputed. When you look at those in the PayVault Transactions tables, there should be some info on them and a button to take action on each dispute.
Henrik
.IO

Postby unboundedgames » August 8th, 2014, 2:42 am

Excellent, thanks for the info Henrik!
unboundedgames
Paid Member

Return to PayVault