Forum PayVault Proper PayPal account and setup

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO payment solution, PayVault.

Proper PayPal account and setup

Postby Maras » May 3rd, 2014, 3:37 pm

I just noted that PayPal offers solution for virtual goods (https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/digital-goods). But it requires business account.

I am currently on Premier account and I would like to stay on it, but it looks like it does not treat the items as a digital goods and also there is a "Shipping address" colon in PayPal payment page. Is there any issues with it? Can PayPal simply delete my account or players refund their money whenever they want?

Should I switch to business account? I am sole proprietorship so I would have to fill in my home address and private number.

Thank you
Maras

Re: Proper PayPal account and setup

Postby AquamentosGames » July 10th, 2014, 1:35 pm

As a sole proprietorship working from home your home address and private number ARE your business number - so there should be no problems with that.

I have a Premier account for personal use and a Business account for my business use (which helps keep my records separate for tax purposes). Does that solution work for you, or are you using the Premier account for business stuff?

I realise this thread is about a month old, but unanswered - so apologies if this is considered necroposting;
AquamentosGames

Return to PayVault