Forum PayVault Safest way to give items with other payment system

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO payment solution, PayVault.

Safest way to give items with other payment system

Postby robscherer123 » October 22nd, 2013, 4:00 pm

The people at http://www.minijuegos.com are interested in my game and I've been implementing their achievements, scores, etc. Now it has come time for me to add their payment system, but I've got some issues that I had questions about. Their payment system and API is very solid and well made, it basically works just like Kongregate's does. Unfortunately PlayerIO doesn't have a way to integrate MiniJuegos API to Payvault though. =[

So my question is, what is the safest way to go about this? I thought one way would be to mark every single item as "freely givable" and manually credit the user with the item after purchasing it from MiniJuegos, but I fear that will really hinder the security of my Payvault. I currently love that it's secure, so I'm skeptical about doing that. I can provide them with a callback URL upon a user purchasing an item, but I'm not too sure what I would do with that. I was wondering if I could somehow use the PlayerIO.Web.Post() method on the server to somehow work some magic, but again I'm not sure.

I just thought I'd ask for some help on here and maybe someone could help me. MiniJuegos is a very huge site and their working on opening a few more using their same APIs. Here is a link to their virtual goods system if it helps. http://www.minijuegos.com/dev/overview/item-purchases
robscherer123
Paid Member

Re: Safest way to give items with other payment system

Postby Benjaminsen » October 22nd, 2013, 5:15 pm

The only way to do this securely is via a server.
You might be able to do it via the serverside Web request in the API.

Alternatively, get minijuegos to write to me at chris@player.io and we might be able to sort a proper integration out.
Benjaminsen
.IO

Return to PayVault