Forum PayVault Error: Received total is less than recorded total for user

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO payment solution, PayVault.

Error: Received total is less than recorded total for user

Postby Anatol » June 14th, 2013, 3:39 pm

I got this Error the other day after the superrewards server was down. What i did was...

- Setup PayVault, enabled superrewards put everything in place.
- Superrewards has a test postback that gives a user +1 Coin, so i was testing this. Worked nicely until their server couldn't respond for awhile and after that this error kicked in.
- Ok, then i tried this test postback again and now it always gives back this same error
- It seems that after a user receives this error something goes wrong and that affected username can no longer receive coins.

Would be nice to know what this error means exactly and if there is a solution/workaround for this.

Thank you in advance.
Anatol

Re: Error: Received total is less than recorded total for us

Postby Henrik » June 14th, 2013, 6:18 pm

Anatol wrote:Worked nicely until their server couldn't respond for awhile

I'm guessing there's your problem right there. :-)

SuperRewards send us notifications that contain the total amount of coins they've ever rewarded that particular user instead of the specific amount the user should be rewarded each time. What the error message means is that we've recieved a notification where the total they specify is less than the total we've awarded so far in PayVault.

This might not be an indication of an error, but simply of multiple notifications that we receive out of order. Superrewards queues up all notifications, and if they had server issues as you say, something might have gone wrong there or gone out of order there. I wouldn't worry about it for actual live payments.

There's a link in the PayVault admin panel for that user that takes you to their SuperRewards page where you can check how many coins SuperRewards think they have given him so far, see if that can help you figure out why it's wrong and where the missing coins are.
Henrik
.IO

Re: Error: Received total is less than recorded total for us

Postby Spell Rain » June 20th, 2013, 3:39 pm

Thank you for the reply Henrik!

Well, as it seems in order to do something about this error i would need to know the user specific total coins bought from superrewards (as far as i know i can't request that variable) and the total amount of coins received by playerIO (this could be done with payVault.readHistory - or is there some other way i don't know about?)

I managed to solve this manually in the admin panel by simply adding coins with .credit and evening out the difference, however if we are talking hundreds of players this wouldn't really be an option.

If it's certain though that by actual live payments this error doesn't come up than i gess i'll just ignore it if there isn't a solution.

Or is there something i am missing?
Spell Rain

Return to PayVault