Forum PayVault Allowing flash to open to tab - pop ups

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO payment solution, PayVault.

Allowing flash to open to tab - pop ups

Postby robscherer123 » May 20th, 2013, 8:35 pm

I could have sworn I posted about this, but maybe it didn't go through. My question is, what should I do about pop-ups being blocked to external sites like Paypal, etc? I know I've had a few players already tell me "when I click the paypal button, nothing happens". I then tell then about allowing the pop-up in the top corner of Chrome and then it works for them. Is there a way by default to allow the pop-up? I feel this is definitely turning a few buyers away. If not I guess I will just have to make a small notice telling the player how to allow the pop-up. I was just curious what everyone does about this problem? Thanks.
robscherer123
Paid Member

Re: Allowing flash to open to tab - pop ups

Postby Henrik » May 21st, 2013, 12:05 pm

Browsers are pretty restrictive when it comes to how popups may be opened, and you have to work within those guidelines.

To help you, PayVault has a feature called a Coins Redirect URL, check out the documentation at the bottom of this page:
http://playerio.com/documentation/payvault/coins
Henrik
.IO

Postby robscherer123 » May 22nd, 2013, 3:53 pm

Ok cool, thanks for the help. So basically with the Redirect URL I will just show the player a link in which they just manually copy and paste it into their browser?
robscherer123
Paid Member

Postby Henrik » May 22nd, 2013, 4:06 pm

robscherer123 wrote:Ok cool, thanks for the help. So basically with the Redirect URL I will just show the player a link in which they just manually copy and paste it into their browser?

No, you can make a button in your Flash game that opens a popup with that URL. That should be allowed through all popup blockers.
Henrik
.IO

Postby robscherer123 » May 24th, 2013, 1:50 pm

Thanks for the help, that got it work! Just curious though, why was the orignal info.paypalurl was blocked?
robscherer123
Paid Member

Postby Henrik » May 24th, 2013, 2:07 pm

robscherer123 wrote:Just curious though, why was the orignal info.paypalurl was blocked?

If I remember it correctly, opening a popup as a direct result of the user clicking a button in Flash is permitted through the popup blockers of most web browsers. But if you make a button that calls getBuyCoinsInfo(), and open the url in the callback, it's no longer the direct result, and therefore blocked in some browsers.
Henrik
.IO

Postby robscherer123 » May 28th, 2013, 3:12 pm

Ah ok, that makes sense then.

The new method is working great, however I did manage to get error #2146 in my error log from a user clicking the paypal buttons. Google doesn't seem to have much links on the problem either.
robscherer123
Paid Member

Return to PayVault