Forum PayVault Where is provider transaction id in vault items?

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO payment solution, PayVault.

Where is provider transaction id in vault items?

Postby wbsaputra » September 3rd, 2012, 6:43 pm

here what i get when tracing vault items:
[playerio.VaultItem][itemKey="XXXXX", id="247587387", purchaseDate=Tue Sep 4 00:32:20 GMT+0700 2012] = {
Currency:"FBC"
Name:"XXX"
Name2:"XXX"
PriceFBC:XX
Type:X
Val:XXXXX
}
it only shown vault item id, how can i get provider transaction id in vault items?
wbsaputra
Paid Member

Re: Where is provider transaction id in vault items?

Postby Benjaminsen » September 4th, 2012, 2:17 pm

Can you outline a bit more what you are trying to do? Normally I don't expect your game would need access to provider transaction id's.
Benjaminsen
.IO

Postby wbsaputra » September 4th, 2012, 8:19 pm

Benjaminsen wrote:Can you outline a bit more what you are trying to do? Normally I don't expect your game would need access to provider transaction id's.

As you know my games is high risk of recharge/refund, there are some user trying to purchase items with someone else account (hacked) then transfering items to their id. I have to inspect this transaction fast as possible before they can do to far.
So I'm trying to create transcation history at my webserver, and send me notification such email or text message whenever user purchase items. If i see suspicious activity with this user account i can stop them and not allowing purchase anymore then banned this user id.

Here is what i'm trying to do.
1. User purchase using credits and added to their vault items. (if succesfull i'm sending and save provider data info to my server as user transaction)
2. User open their payvault to consume/receive purchased items, updating stat to BigDB. (here if i have to update my server data with provider transaction id as the key, but i can't find the key cause doesn't provided so i just try to find their latest item history, but this can be missed key if user purchase items more than once)

Would be no necesarry if playerio had such a mail server feature to send notification on succesfull transaction?
This is one of the reason i'm not using sitebox :)
wbsaputra
Paid Member

Postby Benjaminsen » September 5th, 2012, 10:03 am

Thats a fair request, I have added it to our nice to have feature list.

However, I don't see how this prevents fraud as long as you allow users to easily transfer items from one to another. No matter how I look at it, you would need to keep a transaction log of all player to player transfers.

As the system stands today, I see two ways of solving this:
1: Use the extra data capability of Player.IO to add more data to your transactions. IE [ {itemKey:"my-item", owner:id} ]
2: Do not allow players to trade items, only buy items for other players.
Benjaminsen
.IO

Postby wbsaputra » September 16th, 2012, 5:36 pm

Hi Ben, can i use jSon object in serverside code and send to my webserver using http response?
How do i put reference ex: json for dotnet dll and uploat to multiplayer code?
wbsaputra
Paid Member

Postby Benjaminsen » September 16th, 2012, 9:50 pm

wbsaputra wrote:Hi Ben, can i use jSon object in serverside code and send to my webserver using http response?
How do i put reference ex: json for dotnet dll and uploat to multiplayer code?

There is a nice easy to use JSON implementation you can use found in this forum thread:
csharp/json-with-c-and-playerio-t617
Benjaminsen
.IO

Postby sajidtoor » December 18th, 2012, 8:11 am

thankx same here....!
sajidtoor

Return to PayVault