Forum PayVault paypal sandbox

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO payment solution, PayVault.

paypal sandbox

Postby RastaRalle » April 24th, 2012, 1:09 pm

Hi,
I already set up payvault with facebook credits, and it's working fine.
Now I want to use paypal as well, but I have some questions regarding the paypal sandbox...

I registered a sandbox test buyer and tried to purchase coins to my real paypal account. but all transactions were pending forever.
So I thought that it isn't possible to transfer money from a test account to a real account. That's why I also set up a test seller account and put this email adress in the admin panel. This way the payment went through.
Now I know my system theoretically works.

But what I don't know is, if it still works if I put my real paypal mail adress in the admin panel again.

Did anybody have similar issues? And solved them?

Ralf
RastaRalle

Re: paypal sandbox

Postby Henrik » April 24th, 2012, 2:30 pm

If you log in to PayPal, does it say there why those transactions are pending?

Is your PayPal account fully confirmed?

We used to link to a help page on their end that described that, but I can see that they've moved their help pages around. I'll try to dig up a working link and fix that.
Henrik
.IO

Postby RastaRalle » April 24th, 2012, 3:37 pm

these transactions don't even show up in my account.
Yes, I think my account is fully confirmed (but I don't know if I have to do any further steps to confirm it for ipn sells).
I already tried to visit this link, but it doesn't work :)
RastaRalle

Postby Henrik » April 24th, 2012, 3:40 pm

Are you setting "sandbox" to "true" in the PayVault method call?
Henrik
.IO

Postby RastaRalle » April 24th, 2012, 4:03 pm

yes of course.
As I said before, I even got one transaction to complete succesully. But I used a test buyer and a test seller for that.
RastaRalle

Postby Henrik » April 24th, 2012, 4:15 pm

Ah, ok. No, I don't think you can use test users against your real account and have that work. It's either fully sandboxed or fully live.

But if you could get it to work fully sandboxed that's great, that indicates that it will work fine live. However, PayPal works in mysterious ways, and it's hard to know if you can actually receive payments to your real account. There's a bunch of requirements that have to be met for your real account, and in our experience it's really hard to know if you satisfy them or not. The only way to be *really* sure that PayPal works in your game is to make an actual live payment.
Henrik
.IO

Return to PayVault