Forum PayVault Users coins not being updated in PayVault

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO payment solution, PayVault.

Users coins not being updated in PayVault

Postby MrBiscuits » February 27th, 2012, 3:22 pm

I'm probably doing something wrong, but I can't get the user's coins to increase. I'm using the Coins Redirect URL which brings up the PayPal window ok and allows the transaction to be completed.

When I look in the provider transactions in the PayVault section for that user in the admin panel it shows that the transaction has happened with this entry:

Buy Coins: +1000
Transaction Id: 9S974046A90307442
State: Open

But above that in the vault history there is no sign that these have been added and when I call client.payVault.refresh() on the client the amount of coins is the same as before the transaction.

Also is there a way of telling the client that a transaction has been successful/unsuccessful using the Coins Redirect URL?
MrBiscuits

Re: Users coins not being updated in PayVault

Postby Henrik » February 28th, 2012, 6:48 pm

If the state of the transaction is open, then the transaction hasn't been completed, i.e. the user hasn't paid, so no coins are awarded.

There's no way of knowing when the user has completed the transaction over at PayPal. The best way to handle it is to simply wait and refresh the vault every 5 seconds or so and check for changes. If you detect activity in your game again (focus or click events) you could probably do a check as well, because that might mean that the user has completed the payment, closed the popup, and returned to your game.
Henrik
.IO

Re: Users coins not being updated in PayVault

Postby Benjaminsen » March 8th, 2012, 10:06 pm

An Open transaction is a transaction that is started but have not completed yet. Most users who open the payment site never actually make a real transaction. (Less than 1% typically).

Another model is to have a popup with a box saying "click here when you are done with the transaction" and reload pay vault on click.
Benjaminsen
.IO

Return to PayVault