Forum PayVault Payments not completing? Stuck on Open status

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO payment solution, PayVault.

Payments not completing? Stuck on Open status

Postby krangGAMES » January 26th, 2012, 9:52 pm

Hey, I've implemented PayPal using getDirectBuyInfo() to make purchases. I find users are unable to get past the "Open" status. Users seem to be clicking the "Buy" button 4 or 5 times, and it's not working.

I've noticed that many browsers have pop-up blockers, so I display the URL to the user and optionally allow them to copy+paste the link themselves, so I'm fairly sure they're getting to the link, but it doesn't seem to get past that. Some of the requests are days old and still Open. I'm losing out on many dollars a day, is there anything that commonly causes that? Need any more info from my end to help solve this? Thanks!
krangGAMES

Re: Payments not completing? Stuck on Open status

Postby Henrik » January 26th, 2012, 10:37 pm

Are they unable or unwilling? Typically a lot of users bail out when it's time to actually make the payment, because it costs them nothing to click the button that opens the payment popup.
Henrik
.IO

Postby krangGAMES » January 26th, 2012, 11:04 pm

I've asked a few friends to test the system to make sure, I tested it before without problems but I'm not sure now. I've seen a few users open the link three or four times, and then try again a few more times the following day, which seems like odd behaviour for someone who hasn't made up their mind :/

Not sure what it could be, but hopefully after I get some people to test it a bit more light can be shed. Thanks for the prompt response too, hugely appreciated!
krangGAMES

Postby krangGAMES » January 26th, 2012, 11:27 pm

The testing seems to work fine, I guess you're right - lots of people clicking on the link then clicking away. I'll look into the link to see if anything is glaringly turning users off from the purchase. Thanks again!
krangGAMES

Postby Benjaminsen » January 31st, 2012, 12:01 pm

In my game Everybody Edits I have users literally viewing the payment dialogue every day without ever doing a payment. My initial thought where that there was something wrong as well, but after looking at the users from Facebook who had this behavior it turned out to be 99% kids who clearly where not old enough to have a credit card.
Benjaminsen
.IO

Return to PayVault