Forum PayVault SuperRewards "Social 2 Web" Platform Integration

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO payment solution, PayVault.

SuperRewards "Social 2 Web" Platform Integration

Postby moosemouse » July 20th, 2011, 5:25 pm

I am in the process of putting my game on the new SuperRewards/Adknowledge "Social 2 Web" platform. I've got it almost completely up and running (http://btr.moosemouse.com), except for integration with PayVault. The "S2W" platform uses the Facebook "third party user id", and the current PayVault integration with SuperRewards uses a numeric user id.

Is it possible to tweak the SuperRewards PayVault integration to make it work with Facebook's new third party uid, and S2W? If something like this is possible, I can put you in touch with the people I am working with at AdKnowledge.

Thanks,
Shawn
moosemouse
Paid Member

Re: SuperRewards "Social 2 Web" Platform Integration

Postby Henrik » July 22nd, 2011, 6:53 pm

Where does it use the 3rd party userid? In the postbacks? There wasn't a lot of info in that piece of documentation.
As long as there is a way to opaquely pass the PayVault userid through the it shouldn't be a problem.
Henrik
.IO

Postby superrewards » July 22nd, 2011, 10:43 pm

I am a Super Rewards engineer and I am here to assist the integration for moosemouse and hopefully other PlayerIO users who integrate with our Social 2 Web platform.

Facebook (or facebook connect, in the case of Social 2 Web) required all the games and apps to generate a third party uid through their API and use it to pass the ad networks and offer providers. An example third party uid would be like this:

2Uwh1-ZoR59zRESbKPPhQ7-ecqE

This will get included in the uid field of the offerwall and passed down in the postback. Numeric uids, the plain facebook uids, will not and should not get passed in postbacks going forward, at least definitely not in the Social 2 Web case. So in order for moosemouse's Social 2 Web implementation to work properly, we need PlayerIO to accept these third party uids in the postback script.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
eric
superrewards

Postby moosemouse » July 22nd, 2011, 10:53 pm

The "Social 2 Web" platform has a very cool feature to help increase the viral sharing of games. They have a built in system so game developers can reward players with game cash for recruiting new members. This viral channel was banned from the Facebook canvas a while back, but it is still allowed in games using Facebook Connect.

My game is deeply integrated into PlayerIO's API (which is great!), so it would be awesome if PlayerIO could make PayVault work with this :D

Thanks,
Shawn
moosemouse
Paid Member

Postby Henrik » July 22nd, 2011, 11:15 pm

superrewards wrote:This will get included in the uid field of the offerwall and passed down in the postback. Numeric uids, the plain facebook uids, will not and should not get passed in postbacks going forward, at least definitely not in the Social 2 Web case. So in order for moosemouse's Social 2 Web implementation to work properly, we need PlayerIO to accept these third party uids in the postback script.

So let me see if I understood this correctly.

The webpage is part of the Social2Web thing, it's all generated by SuperRewards, and you pass the OAuth token into the Flash game in the page? Moosemouse can customize the looks of the page, and he can pick up the OAuth token from the page, but his game can't send data back to the page? And since you generate the offerwall and the Facebook Connect integration, you just send the FB third-party id in the postback?

Our problem is that we don't store the third-party uid anywhere in our systems currently, so we have no mapping from that to the Player.IO userids that PayVault uses.

Is there a way to pass our userids into the Social2Web page so that they can be passed through to the postback?
Henrik
.IO

Postby superrewards » July 26th, 2011, 9:07 pm

Hello,

Is the PayVault userid the same as the plain facebook numeric uid? If it's not, how is it mapped between each other before?

thanks.
superrewards

Postby Henrik » July 26th, 2011, 9:50 pm

No, our userid is completely different from the Facebook uid since we allow users from many different sources. If you authenticate against Player.IO through QuickConnect for Facebook, we store a mapping from the Facebook uid to Player.IO userid, but we don't store or use the Facebook 3rd-party userid.
Henrik
.IO

Postby superrewards » July 26th, 2011, 11:14 pm

Can you guys create a map between a userid and the third party uid instead? Because the third party uid is a facebook requirement. I spoke with moosemouse and he agreed too.
superrewards

Postby moosemouse » July 29th, 2011, 1:32 pm

Just like to ask if there is any update on this :) I'm anxious to set my SuperReward's Social 2 Web page live, but I'd also love to stay integrated with PayVault.

Thanks,
Shawn
moosemouse
Paid Member

Postby Henrik » July 29th, 2011, 8:50 pm

We're discussing it internally. I can't promise anything just yet, sorry.
Henrik
.IO

Return to PayVault