Forum PayVault PayPal transaction complete message

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO payment solution, PayVault.

PayPal transaction complete message

Postby wildbunny » July 15th, 2011, 6:00 pm

Hi guys,

I've just got PayPal transactions working in PayVault, and completed my first real transaction, but I noticed the message you display to the user after the transaction is complete doesn't comply with paypal's minimum requirements for information.

According to thier docs it should have at least something like this:

"Thank you for your payment. Your transaction has been completed, and a receipt for your purchase has been emailed to you. You may log into your account at www.paypal.com/uk to view details of this transaction."

Any chance of getting this updated? :)

Cheers, Paul.
wildbunny

Re: PayPal transaction complete message

Postby Henrik » July 20th, 2011, 4:26 am

Hm, the PayVault landing page is pretty generic unfortunately since it's used for several different providers.

I think the best bet for you is to supply a return parameter in your PayVault method call and then make a page yourself that shows the appropriate text. I also wouldn't link to the UK version of PayPal without verifying that the paying user actually is from the UK and is using the UK version of PayPal. :-)
Henrik
.IO

Postby wildbunny » July 20th, 2011, 9:31 am

Henrik wrote:Hm, the PayVault landing page is pretty generic unfortunately since it's used for several different providers.

I think the best bet for you is to supply a return parameter in your PayVault method call and then make a page yourself that shows the appropriate text. I also wouldn't link to the UK version of PayPal without verifying that the paying user actually is from the UK and is using the UK version of PayPal. :-)

Hi Henrik,

I suppose I could do that if I figured out how to... But it would be much better for all your other customers if this was handled from your end :) I know you guys are very busy right now with much more significant things, but it can't hurt to put this on the to-do list? :)

Cheers, Paul.
wildbunny

Postby Henrik » July 20th, 2011, 4:43 pm

It's already on the list so it will get improved eventually. :)
Henrik
.IO

Return to PayVault