Forum PayVault I want to use my own payment provider. Is it possible ?

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO payment solution, PayVault.

I want to use my own payment provider. Is it possible ?

Postby itsmylifesoham » June 27th, 2011, 9:17 am

Hi playerIO,

I want to have my own(self chosen) paymentgateway service provider which supports the necessary banks from my region for the users to pay for the items they buy in my multiplayer games. Does PayVault allow me to do this, or i have to go only with the available options payvault gives me?

Lets say PayVault doesnt allow me to use anything other than paypal. Then can i do something so that the payment service i have tied up with can be used to charge the users ingame?

Or is this the only solution..that users will buy items ingame using my service provider. Lets say they buy items worth 100$, after which my payment provider returns to me with a transaction successful message, and then i need to run a script to write this transaction entry into the BIGDB database?

for eg. i want to enable visa/mastercard purchases, as well as mobile purchases through a payment partner PayMate. Can this be integrated in game?

thanks.
itsmylifesoham

Re: I want to use my own payment provider. Is it possible ?

Postby Henrik » June 27th, 2011, 2:29 pm

Hi,

Sorry, no, you can only use the payment providers for PayVault that are listed in the PayVault documentation. We're adding new providers all the time though, do you have more info about the provider you wanted to use?
Henrik
.IO

Postby itsmylifesoham » June 28th, 2011, 6:25 am

Ok ill give an example.

On this page :
http://www.come2play.com/visit_demo_channel.asp

when you click on "earn tokens" , the user has various options like pay by mobile/ visa debit etc.
I dont want my users buying FB credits/or other virtual currencies. I want them to pay direct money, and get into their account my own virtual currency.

I wanted to use a service like this one : https://www.directpaycorp.com/ for ecommerce.
itsmylifesoham

Postby Henrik » June 28th, 2011, 10:25 am

PayPal, SuperRewards, Tapjoy and Gambit offer exactly that.

With PayPal you set up price points for your own virtual currency in the PayVault admin panel, and you call the getBuyCoinsInfo method in the Player.IO API to initiate a purchase for a specific amount of coins. When your players finish the purchase, they'll have the coins in their PayVault.

With the other three, you set up your price points and the name of your virtual currency on their respective websites, and you call the Player.IO API method to initiate an offerwall, which looks a lot like that come2play page example. Your players get a bunch of options for buying your currency directly, and when they do it's all tracked by PayVault.
Henrik
.IO

Postby itsmylifesoham » June 28th, 2011, 2:04 pm

That makes it clearer, but i still have my doubts about what i read at:
http://playerio.com/features/payvault/

"It's YOUR Money
Unlike other in-game virtual currency systems, the virtual currency is not shared with games from other vendors. Currency bought in your game can only be used in your game, and you keep the entire amount paid by the user. After all, if your game is good enough to get players to pull out their real-world wallet, you should be able to keep all the earnings!
"
Here is my understanding.
I have a cashgames website, a person wants to recharge his account to play for more money. He clicks on recharge button and is given options to recharge. lets say he clicks superrewards. Now i understand an offerwall opens up along with some payment options. Will there be options to buy using mobile/visa/mastercard etc? . Lets say i have a virtual currency VC and on superrewards website i have set the price points as : 2 VC for 2$ purchase.

As mentioned in the above quoted text, "and you keep the entire amount paid by the user". Do i really get 2$ beacuse i guess it has been mentioned that payvault takes 0.05$ flat on any transaction. And i presume that superrewards too must be taking a cut. So is there a specification like how much cut each of your payvault providers take?

Or is it like i really get all that the user has paid with a flat cut per transaction of 0.05$. so on a 2$ purchase i get 1.95$ into my pocket?
itsmylifesoham

Postby Henrik » June 28th, 2011, 2:14 pm

Yes, if you show the SuperRewards offerwall, there will be options for the users to purchase your virtual currency with credit card, mobile phone, etc. I don't know exactly what SuperRewards has available in each country, it might be that some payment options are not available, you have to check with them.

As for your revenue, Player.IO takes a flat fee of 5 cent for each transaction. How much the providers take depends on a lot of factors. PayPal generally takes 6%, but the bigger you are and the better customer you are to them, the less their cut is. SuperRewards don't say how large their cut is, they just tell you how much of the deal money they forward to you. Facebook takes 30% when players spend Facebook Credits in your game.
Henrik
.IO

Postby itsmylifesoham » June 29th, 2011, 6:52 am

Oh that makes it very clear. Thank you :-)

Actually we really dont want any offers coming up, we wanted a pure recharge option with maximum payout for us.
Which would be better if we go for payment gateway integration provided by CCAvenue instead of using payvault.
However we also intend to keep ingame payments. So just wanted to ask if this is possible?

Lets say we have a gamelobby in place now. In the game lobby itself there is a button for "Recharge Account". When the user clicks it hes redirected to the CCavenue payment gateway where the transaction happens and CCAvenue gets back to us with a transaction successful message. Can we ourselves write the C# code to commit these transaction details to the Payvault? You know instead of payvault provider doing that work for us? In this case we wouldnt get the payvault analytics right?

or is it like we could write these transaction details as a BIGDB object ourselves?
itsmylifesoham

Postby Henrik » June 29th, 2011, 11:16 am

PayPal is probably the provider we offer that is closest to CCAvenue in functionality.

If you want to use a provider that we haven't integrated, you could still use the general PayVault API to give users coins or items: http://playerio.com/documentation/refer ... t.payvault

You won't get the revenue analytics that way, but you get all the other PayVault analytics.
Henrik
.IO

Postby Benjaminsen » June 29th, 2011, 11:51 am

Just a quick follow up.

Yes you could write your own payment integration using the Player.IO C# api from ASP.NET and similar hosted on your own server.
Benjaminsen
.IO

Postby itsmylifesoham » June 29th, 2011, 8:39 pm

Ok so it can be done :-), but still i am in dark how this will actually be made possible.

My plan is making something like come2play.com's scheme.
They have their multiplayer api in which they have integrated several games. Now they are able to give their publishers some code to embed their games lobby on their publisher's website. For example www.cashskillgames.net is one of their publishers. If you open this link hosted on cashskillgames.net (http://www.cashskillgames.net/multiplayer-games.html) and click on marbles game , a nice lobby comes up(same which is there on www.come2play.com), and you find the earn tokens button is there on top. So you are able to buy tokens from your publisher's website also! Dont need to come to come2play.com to buy.

Now as Benjaminsen said

"Yes you could write your own payment integration using the Player.IO C# api from ASP.NET and similar hosted on your own server."

As you know i want to have a recharge option in the lobby itself for every game, and the lobby might be on some other website(my publisher's) as an embed code. Then if the payment integration is hosted on my server, then how can i enable users to pay ingame when the lobby is appearing on my publisher's webpage?

I mean how is this done exactly? Is it like the user clicks the recharge option in the game lobby. Which launches the ccavenue gateway. It gets back to me with transaction successful message, upon which i need to invoke the playerIO.PayVault methods to write the details of the transaction to the payvault of the currently logged in player? But my problem is that the lobby which has a recharge button(as part of client game code) might be present on my publisher's website too, then how can i launch the ccavenue api from there?

I am confused how a payment gateway api that is not currently integrated with payvault communicate when i integrate it, and which calls will be made on which server (my server or playerIO server?). Because the game lobby is hosted on playerIO server, but ccavenue api is integrated with my website.
itsmylifesoham

Postby Henrik » June 30th, 2011, 10:37 am

If you want to integrate with some other payment provider that we don't support, then somewhere you will have to have your own webserver that receives the server-to-server notifications from that provider.

Each notification is typically a succesful transaction, and when you receive one, you have to handle it, verify that it's valid, parse out the user and amount paid, and then use the Player.IO .Net client API to give that user the right amount of coins or items in PayVault.

When it comes to initiating a payment for a user, that typically involves opening a URL in a popup or an IFrame overlay, and that can be done regardless of where your game is hosted since that URL is served from the payment provider.
Henrik
.IO

Postby itsmylifesoham » July 1st, 2011, 9:52 am

Thanks a lot for clearing the confusion :D .
Must say this site has a wonderful support!
itsmylifesoham

Postby tomason » September 1st, 2011, 7:35 pm

Benjaminsen wrote:Yes you could write your own payment integration using the Player.IO C# api from ASP.NET and similar hosted on your own server.

Has anyone tried using the .NET client api in mono? As I understand it, the lack of mono support so far is due to issues with winforms, but if a commandline client could use the .NET client api to do things, then that client could run on a linux server under mono, right?

-Tom
tomason

Postby Henrik » September 1st, 2011, 7:58 pm

tomason wrote:Has anyone tried using the .NET client api in mono? As I understand it, the lack of mono support so far is due to issues with winforms, but if a commandline client could use the .NET client api to do things, then that client could run on a linux server under mono, right?

That should work perfectly well.
Henrik
.IO

Return to PayVault