Forum PayVault Revenue split by supported provider

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO payment solution, PayVault.

Revenue split by supported provider

Postby wildbunny » June 25th, 2011, 3:18 pm

Hi guys,

I'm nearing the point where I need to start looking at payvault, I was wondering if there is any data out there on the average revenue split for each supported provider?

So, like:

Paypal: 70%
Superrewards: 10%
Kongregate: 20%

etc?

This would allow me to concentrate on supporting the best first time :)

Cheers, Paul.
wildbunny

Re: Revenue split by supported provider

Postby Henrik » June 25th, 2011, 6:10 pm

PayPal: ~6%
Facebook and Kongregate: ~30%
Offer-based providers: They never tell you how much of the advertiser money they pass on to you. I would guess they take around 30% as well.
Henrik
.IO

Postby wildbunny » June 25th, 2011, 6:18 pm

Henrik wrote:PayPal: ~6%
Offer-based providers: They never tell you how much of the advertiser money they pass on to you. I would guess they take around 30% as well.

Ahhh, sorry, I think I miss-wrote my question! :)

I wasn't asking how much cut they took, but rather what percentage of players choose to use each provider for their purchases in a given game? :)

Cheers, Paul.
wildbunny

Postby Henrik » June 25th, 2011, 7:15 pm

wildbunny wrote:I wasn't asking how much cut they took, but rather what percentage of players choose to use each provider for their purchases in a given game? :)

That depends mostly on the game and what fits best with the things you sell in it.

On the other hand, integrating with different providers is so easy that it would have been faster for you to integrate with all of them than to ask this question. :-)
Henrik
.IO

Postby Benjaminsen » June 26th, 2011, 9:29 am

wildbunny wrote:
Henrik wrote:PayPal: ~6%

Ahhh, sorry, I think I miss-wrote my question! :)

I wasn't asking how much cut they took, but rather what percentage of players choose to use each provider for their purchases in a given game? :)

Cheers, Paul.

If you use the Coins system the coins stats gives a very good impression of just this by telling you how many coins where bought with each provider
Benjaminsen
.IO

Postby wildbunny » June 26th, 2011, 10:54 am

The reason I ask is because signing up with each provider actually takes quite some time - some of them require you to send or fax a fair amount of information if you're not US based...

If I knew up front which were the best performing, I could concentrate on those first :)
wildbunny

Postby jasonMcIntosh » June 27th, 2011, 1:44 pm

I think that's going to depend very much on your game's audience and the way you monetize it.
Jason McIntosh
Otherwhere Gameworks
jasonMcIntosh

Postby wildbunny » June 27th, 2011, 2:04 pm

jasonMcIntosh wrote:I think that's going to depend very much on your game's audience and the way you monetize it.

I have to admit, I'm pretty confused about this notion: why would the type of game affect which provider is the most popular with users? They are non-game specific third parties providing purchasing options...

Cheers, Paul.
wildbunny

Postby Henrik » June 27th, 2011, 2:12 pm

It depends on what you sell and how much each thing you sell costs. Offer-based providers are good for small amounts, PayPal for large amounts, Facebook for, well, Facebook.

I'll make it easy for you. Start with PayPal and Superrewards. These are the providers you are looking for.
Henrik
.IO

Postby wildbunny » June 27th, 2011, 2:49 pm

Perfect, thanks Henrik :)
wildbunny

Postby jasonMcIntosh » June 27th, 2011, 6:42 pm

If your game's audience is younger (ie, no access to credit cards), they're going to be more likely to use offers. If it is older, you'll have more credit card use, etc. That's why the audience affects the outcome.
Jason McIntosh
Otherwhere Gameworks
jasonMcIntosh

Postby wildbunny » June 27th, 2011, 6:54 pm

jasonMcIntosh wrote:If your game's audience is younger (ie, no access to credit cards), they're going to be more likely to use offers. If it is older, you'll have more credit card use, etc. That's why the audience affects the outcome.

Ahh, ok gotcha :)
wildbunny

Return to PayVault