Forum PayVault How to handle Recharge back from facebook

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO payment solution, PayVault.

How to handle Recharge back from facebook

Postby wbsaputra » June 23rd, 2011, 12:01 am

Hi just want to ask about facebook credit, how can i handle (R) refund/recharge from facebook, seem payvault transaction always accepted all puchase with facebook credit while i got Recharge status from facebook report.
I did get charge with player io right while i'm not receiving any credits from facebook because (R) transaction status.
wbsaputra
Paid Member

Re: How to handle Recharge back from facebook

Postby Henrik » June 23rd, 2011, 1:15 pm

There's no automatic handling of refunds in PayVault, because we can't automatically "roll back" a PayVault transaction. If a user got your virtual currency, he may already have spent it, if the user got a virtual item, he may already have consumed it, etc. We don't know the mechanics of your game, so you always have to handle refunds yourself.

The way we understand Facebook Credits is that the player or Facebook itself may dispute a purchase some time after it was made. This means that at the actual time of purchase, the player has Facebook Credits, and is spending them on your app, and you earn them. But some time after that there's a dispute, Facebook grabs the credits in question and holds them until the dispute is resolved. Resolving it is up to you, either proving that the player actually got what was promised in exchange for credits, or agreeing to refund the player. Either case, we understand there is some sort of interface for handling this in Facebook.

If the resolution of the dispute is a refund, then you lose those credits. At that point, you can then go to PayVault to manually reverse the transaction, for example by taking the coins or items from that player's vault if he still has them.
Henrik
.IO

Postby wbsaputra » June 23rd, 2011, 5:30 pm

ok,i had once dispute transaction,but doesn't matter i try to handle dispute with settled or refund, that dispute transaction still exist. how to change and handle this dispute transaction in payvault admin panel?
wbsaputra
Paid Member

Postby Henrik » June 23rd, 2011, 7:32 pm

There actually is no way for you to change the status of this transaction in PayVault right now.

What would you like to be able to do? Just mark it as "resolved" or something different?
Henrik
.IO

Return to PayVault