Forum PayVault Request for Integration with TrialPay's DealSpot

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO payment solution, PayVault.

Request for Integration with TrialPay's DealSpot

Postby moosemouse » June 12th, 2011, 6:33 pm

I would like to integrate TrialPay's in swf DealSpot with my game's PayVault. More specifically, I want to use DealSpot's own integration with Facebook Credits in my Facebook App. I would like to keep tightly integrated with PlayerIO's exsiting services, and keep everything in my PlayerIO Facebook Sitebox, rather than use another server. Is this possible?

I am willing to pay someone to help me set this up.

Thanks,
Shawn
moosemouse
Paid Member

Re: Request for Integration with TrialPay's DealSpot

Postby Henrik » June 13th, 2011, 6:04 pm

Gah, I started writing a response, and when I got halfway I realized I was completely wrong, so I had to sit down and wrap my head around this completely. Ok, here we go again:

You should be able to do this already without us having to add anything to PayVault. Simply price your virtual items in Facebook Credits, and integrate the Facebook calls to PayVault to let your players buy your items using Facebook Credits. Remember that we don't keep track of how many Facebook Credits players have, we simply treat it as a real-world currency and you get revenue statistics for it, just like any other currency.

That you want your players to be able to add Facebook Credits to their Facebook account using TrialPay's in-game flash offer Dealspot thingamabob doesn't rely on PayVault to work, because that thing is between the player, TrialPay, and Facebook. It doesn't even have to involve your game, it's perfectly possible for someone to play your game, open that Dealspot thing, do some deals, get some Facebook Credits, and then not spend them in your game, at which point you get nothing, I assume.

So there's no need for any Player.IO integration of Dealspot. But if you actually get a cut whenever someone completes a Dealspot deal through your game, and if TrialPay allows you to set up some sort of server-to-server notification for that, then yes, we could integrate that into PayVault eventually so you could get the revenue statistics at least.

But to get started, make some PayVault Items in your admin panel, give them a price in FBC, and use the getBuyDirectInfo() method to do a purchase: http://playerio.com/documentation/payva ... r/facebook

When you have that, you can add the DealSpot thing to allow your players to fill up their Facebook Credits independently.

Other than that, I can't find any specific information about Dealspot? We have a TrialPay merchant account, but there's nothing in there about it, and nothing in their help section. I can find their feature page where they talk about how awesome it is, but nothing else? Do you have a merchant account with TrialPay where you can see any of this? If you have links or docs, please send them to me so I can have a look at it, it might be that my above assumptions are wrong, and that DealSpot is more tightly integrated into the purchase flow, and in that case I'll have to figure out how to get that to work with our systems.
Henrik
.IO

Postby moosemouse » June 13th, 2011, 7:45 pm

Thanks for the info. I will give it a try and see what happens.

Here is a link to a pdf that has a little bit of technical info (and a lot of marketing hype):
http://info.trialpay.com/games/fb_dealspot.pdf
moosemouse
Paid Member

Postby Henrik » June 14th, 2011, 11:07 am

Thanks for the PDF. Getting that third-party-uid seems pretty easy, we don't automatically get it in sitebox, but it should be available through either the JS api, or the AS3 graph api, or by calling https://graph.facebook.com/dmp?fields=t ... ess_token=[access_token]
Henrik
.IO

Postby trialpay » June 22nd, 2011, 11:20 pm

Hi Henrik and Shawn,

This thread appeared in our Google Alerts and I wanted to make sure that your questions were completely answered.

Henrik, you are completely correct in that Facebook DealSpot transactions are completely between the user, TrialPay, and Facebook. The game itself does not become involved in the transaction until the user actually redeems their Facebook Credits in the game.

If you would like to see more technical details about integrating DealSpot in your game, you can refer to our help page at http://help.trialpay.com/credits/ or you can contact our support team at http://www.trialpay.com/contactus/.

Best,

Taylor
TrialPay
trialpay

Postby Henrik » June 23rd, 2011, 1:21 pm

Hi Taylor,

Thanks for coming in and clarifying, and I'm glad I got it right. :-D
Henrik
.IO

Return to PayVault