Forum PayVault Revenue Share Splitter

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO payment solution, PayVault.

Revenue Share Splitter

Postby moosemouse » February 3rd, 2011, 3:50 pm

One of the current drawbacks to microtransactions in flash games (aside from Facebook) is that portal owners typically do not get a share. Consequentlty, portal owners don't love microtransation games.

I have a hair-brained idea of how to share the microtransaction revenue by having PayVault use my accounts (PayPal for example) a percentage of the time and a portal owner's accounts a percentage of the time.

In the past I have done something like this, and seen it done by others, to share Google Adsense revenues and PayPal donations. Sometimes the site owners' Adsense codes would be used, and sometimes the content creators' codes would be used. I do not know if it violates terms of service.

So, my question is: Is this something that PlayerIO could incorporate into PayVault? I am sure you guys have a long to do list, and this idea is probably fraught with legal issues. But it would be really helpful to be able to easily share revenue!

Thanks for listening!
Shawn
moosemouse
Paid Member

Re: Revenue Share Splitter

Postby Benjaminsen » February 3rd, 2011, 4:21 pm

Revenue sharing is something we are well aware that is missing from PayVault. It is however not on the immediate today so I can't commit to when there will be a solution for it.

When that is said, I am personally against sharing revenue with 99% of the portals for the simple reason that they are not sharing their advertisement revenue with me as a developer. They are making a lot of money from your content, thus they should pay you, not the other way around. Likewise projects such as Everybody Edits and Shell Shock Live has shown that you can easily build high traffic end destinations for good flash games without the portals.
Benjaminsen
.IO

Re: Revenue Share Splitter

Postby moosemouse » February 4th, 2011, 4:48 am

Glad you guys are aware of it :) I wish more portals would share ad rev, too.. but I am not holding my breath. Microtransaction revenue splitting could also make sponsorships and other types of partnering deals more lucrative.
moosemouse
Paid Member

Return to PayVault