Forum PayVault app store monopoly

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO payment solution, PayVault.

app store monopoly

Postby scott_bolland » December 5th, 2010, 10:24 am

Hi there,

just wondering if it is possible to create something like the app store. That is, I am setting up a database where users contribute information, where some info will be free to download by other users, whereas others are with a small fee.
I would like the developer of the information to get 70% of the profits, and my company to get 30%.

E.g., there may be 3 "users" that a transaction may affect : me (the company), the developer (the "user" that created the material for sale), and the buyer:

(1) buyer selects a resource and pays in US dollars. E.g. $10
(2) $3 is transferred to my account, $7 is transferred to the developers account

One of the important issues is I that I would like the developer to be able to "cash in" the money - i.e. physically get paid.

Just wondering if the above is possible.

Cheers,

Scott
scott_bolland

Re: app store monopoly

Postby Henrik » December 5th, 2010, 5:44 pm

With PayVault, we do not actually handle the money at Player.IO. Instead, we rely on other existing payment providers such as PayPal, SuperRewards, or UltimatePay. Making an application with PayVault allows you to easily get money from your buyers, but any profit-sharing or similar is something you have to make and keep track of yourself.

UltimatePay has some functionality for "on-boarding developers" as they call it, but I'm not so sure that it fits your use-case.
Henrik
.IO

Return to PayVault