Forum Monetization Implementing In-Game Advertising?

General discussion on monetization of games.

Implementing In-Game Advertising?

Postby JimLion » October 7th, 2014, 10:21 pm

Hello, we are looking into putting in a small advertising banner in the lobby of our multiplayer game. Unfortunately, it looks like Yahoo doesn't server this functionality. So, what other platforms are you guys using to put in-game ads in that works well with player.io and everything. Or is that included in some type of sponsorship package?
JimLion

Re: Implementing In-Game Advertising?

Postby robscherer123 » October 8th, 2014, 3:16 pm

There is always CPMStar. http://www.cpmstar.com

Although my word of advice would be to steer away from advertising if you are going to be selling things in your game. It will only lead players away from your game and reduce the player experience (since nobody likes ads). Instead I would focus on monetizing your game itself rather than advertising. If you are successful in monetizing your game, the cpm that you will receive from selling your own virtual items will greatly outweigh advertising for someone elses product.
robscherer123
Paid Member

Re: Implementing In-Game Advertising?

Postby JimLion » October 8th, 2014, 7:43 pm

Hmm. That's a good point, but ads are the only way to monetize users who refuse to pay (which is most, if not all of them). I don't know if you have ever played the games Warcraft III or Starcraft, but our "lobby ad" is set up almost exactly the same as theirs.
JimLion

Return to Monetization