Forum Monetization Question about Monetization

General discussion on monetization of games.

Question about Monetization

Postby TechnoWolf99 » July 21st, 2014, 10:46 pm

I'm currently in the process of planning a game project using this service and I was wondering about something...

On my website, I am planning to have a paid credit system that could be used in any game of mine that requires it. Would using it in this game count as revenue earned in connection with the application?
TechnoWolf99

Re: Question about Monetization

Postby AquamentosGames » July 22nd, 2014, 2:52 pm

They haven't revealed the specifics of this yet (There is currently no form or submission process for submitting revenue data and our most recent answer from the Player.IO people is "Don't worry about it for now")

Based on what I've read in the terms of service, I would think the short answer is "yes", but then you get into weirdness with currency bought outside the game that may or may not be used in this specific game, and currency bought in this game that is then spent in a different game.

Are all your games that use this currency on Player.IO? If so then it's easy enough. Otherwise it gets a bit more complicated.

I think once they are up and accepting payments you might need to email them about the specifics of your situation, but as of June 2nd the answer is "Don't worry about it for now" https://gamesnet.yahoo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=35634
AquamentosGames

Re: Question about Monetization

Postby TechnoWolf99 » July 22nd, 2014, 8:05 pm

Alright, thanks for your response. :D

I haven't actually setup the credit system or made any games that use it; it was more of a hypothetical question for planning purposes. Also, not all of the games that would the credit system would use Player.IO. :|
TechnoWolf99

Return to Monetization