Forum Monetization Monetization question

General discussion on monetization of games.

Monetization question

Postby Maras » August 4th, 2013, 9:20 am

Hey,

In my game (old version - http://www.notsocasual.com/manamancers/ (new version isn't released yet)) I have two types of items - avatar upgrades (visual armors and weapons) and consumable potions.

There are 35 potions from 1 coin up to 75 coins. The best potion costs equivalent of $1.6 - $2 (depends on how many coins the players buys).

There are all kinds of potions but just for the explanation:
Potion for 1 coin deals 12 dmg (Players have 150 hps, shields and ways to regenerate)
Potion for 75 coins deals 56 dmg

Players can use only one potion per game. Players gets 0-3 coins per win (depending on skill of their opponent)

So I have few questions:
- Will it sell well, or $1.6 is too much for one consumable potion? (some players already played more than 3k games, so one game might be quite insignificant

- If it will sell, would it be considered as pay to win? (Players can deal even more than 56 damage in one turn if they are experienced or get lucky)

- What do you think about pay2play* like in Zookeeper Battle? https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ogle&hl=cs

*every 6 minutes, you get one energy with energy treshold up to 2 - one game cost one energy. You can refill energy bar for real money. There are a lot of events which have nice rewards and are time limted, so the player usually want to play more than two games every 12 minutes

Thanks!
Last edited by Maras on August 4th, 2013, 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maras

Re: Monetization question

Postby Maras » August 4th, 2013, 9:42 am

One more thing:
Both games (my game and Zookeeper Battle) are match3 but zookeeper battle is match3 ASAP and my game is strategic (and on the same board)

Zookeeper have different gameplay - some adrenaline and really short battles (1-2 minutes). In my game, match takes 5-7 minutes and its about thinking not finding combinations quickly.

But this is the reason why pay2play wouldnt work that well in my game, right?
Maras

Return to Monetization