Forum Monetization Steps for distribution

General discussion on monetization of games.

Steps for distribution

Postby Vania » July 19th, 2011, 10:30 pm

Right now almost all traffic is coming from a single site.
I already uploaded to NG and Kong, but since it scored around 3.7/5 in both sites it didnt get to the frontpage.

The game is on mochiads distribution, which appears to be useless, and I just uploaded to FlashGameDistribution.
What additional steps can I take to get the game featured on more sites?

GAME: http://www.officeriot.net/hexwars
Vania

Re: Steps for distribution

Postby moosemouse » July 19th, 2011, 10:56 pm

Try Kongregate, too.

I did Mochi Ads Live Distribution and FGD as well. Mochi worked well for me, except most of the traffic is/was from China and South America. These players are supposed to be hard to monetize.. and that has been my experience.

PR may work for you. Try JayIsGames and other game review sites/blogs. But PR takes a lot of time to do well.. I have not started doing that yet as I am still trying to improve my game.

Mochi Ads (which I bought) seemed to work fairly well for me. I tried $100 worth. You can target based on genre, and you are advertising to people playing games. I think it ended up being around $0.15 per click.

And, as long as you are not doing it on Facebook, incentivized friend invites may help. I am trying set something up like that right now, but it is not up and running yet so I don't know how effective it is.

That is all I can think of right now. If you find any other good ideas please share :)
moosemouse
Paid Member

Return to Monetization