Forum Sitebox Graphical Artifacts from wmode="transparent"

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO webpage and Facebook app hosting solution, Sitebox.

Graphical Artifacts from wmode="transparent"

Postby unboundedgames » August 16th, 2014, 7:38 am

(moved from as3 sub-forum)

Movieclips cause spasms of white squares to stretch and skew all over the screen in the embedded version of my project. It's a huge deal but I mostly test outside of the browser so I didn't really notice until now. However since I'm getting close to release I've started tracking down the source of this problem immediately and according to this ->
[http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14102221/white-rectangles-appear-when-adding-moviclips-to-the-stage]
the issue is cause by "wmode":"transparent" in the embed code ( opaque supposedly does not cause this nasty issue).

Looking around in the FS files this looks like something I don't have direct access to, but is there some way on my end to override this? If not, can someone please change this or make an option for it? It really detracts from the overall experience having white squares melding all over the game screen so any help is very appreciated.

Solved
After some tinkering I found that I was able to change this by adding [ wmode = 'opaque' ] (without brackets)
into the index.html {% swf ... %}, so if anyone else finds this problem try that first.

Cheers! :D
unboundedgames
Paid Member

Return to Sitebox