Forum Sitebox Passing a URL as a flashvar to the swf tag

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO webpage and Facebook app hosting solution, Sitebox.

Passing a URL as a flashvar to the swf tag

Postby mnem » October 29th, 2012, 1:35 pm

Hi,

Is there any way to expand a url to pass it as a flash var? At the moment, I have a loader swf which loads another swf based on a url passed to it:

Code: Select all
   {% swf src='loader.swf' width=1024 height=720 id='game' target_swf='mygame.swf' %}

This obviously won't work because mygame.swf needs to have the correct url as served from GameFS. Essentially, I need use the {% url %} tag within the {% swf %} tag, but I have no idea how do do that :) Can you nest tags in some way, or is there a better way to do this?
mnem

Re: Passing a URL as a flashvar to the swf tag

Postby Benjaminsen » October 29th, 2012, 2:52 pm

mnem wrote:Hi,

Is there any way to expand a url to pass it as a flash var? At the moment, I have a loader swf which loads another swf based on a url passed to it:

Code: Select all
   {% swf src='loader.swf' width=1024 height=720 id='game' target_swf='mygame.swf' %}

This obviously won't work because mygame.swf needs to have the correct url as served from GameFS. Essentially, I need use the {% url %} tag within the {% swf %} tag, but I have no idea how do do that :) Can you nest tags in some way, or is there a better way to do this?

Just chatted with a few developers. This is not supported yet, you will have to write your own SWF embed tag sadly to make this work.
Benjaminsen
.IO

Return to Sitebox