Forum Sitebox Ideal Dev Server Setup for Sitebox FB Game

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO webpage and Facebook app hosting solution, Sitebox.

Ideal Dev Server Setup for Sitebox FB Game

Postby kikurt18 » January 19th, 2012, 7:28 pm

Hi. I have a Facebook game App I am developing. I have Sitebox setup with the default Seedlings game for a live test, but what is the best way to test either locally (Mac MAME server) or Dev server? Is it just setting up a Facebook App for Dev purposes and pointing it to the Dev or local server (and applying the correct FB App ID)?
kikurt18
Paid Member

Re: Ideal Dev Server Setup for Sitebox FB Game

Postby Benjaminsen » January 20th, 2012, 12:08 am

kikurt18 wrote:Hi. I have a Facebook game App I am developing. I have Sitebox setup with the default Seedlings game for a live test, but what is the best way to test either locally (Mac MAME server) or Dev server? Is it just setting up a Facebook App for Dev purposes and pointing it to the Dev or local server (and applying the correct FB App ID)?

Not sure I fully understand the question. What behavior are you missing with your setup right now?
Benjaminsen
.IO

Postby kikurt18 » January 20th, 2012, 7:14 pm

I would like my DEV environment to closely mirror the live FB App LIVE environment. Is there a way to mirror the templates used on Sitebox with a local web server (MAMP) or would you suggest setting up another FB App and Game as for Development purposes. The FB App settings would have sandbox enabled and they could connect to the same BigDB.

I was looking for suggestions based on what you would recommend or what other developers have tried.

Thanks!
kikurt18
Paid Member

Postby Benjaminsen » January 20th, 2012, 8:31 pm

kikurt18 wrote:I would like my DEV environment to closely mirror the live FB App LIVE environment. Is there a way to mirror the templates used on Sitebox with a local web server (MAMP) or would you suggest setting up another FB App and Game as for Development purposes. The FB App settings would have sandbox enabled and they could connect to the same BigDB.

I was looking for suggestions based on what you would recommend or what other developers have tried.

Thanks!

Ahh in that case, I simply suggest creating a separate application as a clone of the real game. That's what most people do.
Benjaminsen
.IO

Return to Sitebox