Forum Sitebox Infinite Page Refresh Error in IE9

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO webpage and Facebook app hosting solution, Sitebox.

Infinite Page Refresh Error in IE9

Postby moosemouse » May 27th, 2011, 3:54 pm

I just setup a new Facebook app using Sitebox, and in IE9 the page constantly refreshes. This does not happen in Google Chrome or Firefox. Currently I just have the Seedlings demo with no changes.

Because of this similar forum post, http://playerio.com/forum/sitebox-f35/loop-error-on-connect-t1162#p3113 ,I also checked out azuanagames Azuana Bingo, and it appears to be doing the same thing: http://apps.facebook.com/azuana-bingo/

Any idea what is going on?

Thanks,
Shawn
moosemouse
Paid Member

Re: Infinite Page Refresh Error in IE9

Postby Henrik » May 28th, 2011, 12:49 pm

Hm, both Seedlings and Azuana Bingo works perfectly for me in IE9?

When you tested that, did you allow both apps the rights they wanted? Are you sure you haven't blocked the applications in the past?
Henrik
.IO

Postby moosemouse » May 28th, 2011, 2:09 pm

Hmmm... they seem to have all the rights, and are not blocked. Here is what it is cycling between:

http://apps.facebook.com/bigtimeracing/ ... FGRTRGOib-
0WYSzxXXRJTBC9dROn9SREiNUmL7Mpg76quHyWjaU5ZEdgTcuxB0c

http://racing-game-2-sxbh1ucu6afd9og8kb ... imeracing/?
code=NkxnlSK1X6TycqvH07pkoR623wlCPMk2mBlRls3psxo.eyJpdiI6IkkzRzMydzQ1Q05ZQURUempLZmgteUEifQ.GkDAWXszqly2lI7YjvIVYjokQJAoc-J72cVYv5UULmV4y7CyLHr004zHizhpHq-9wFGRTRGOib-0WYSzxXXRJTBC9dROn9SREiNUmL7Mpg76quHyWjaU5ZEdgTcuxB0c

http://apps.facebook.com/bigtimeracing/ ... yJpdiI6InB
XVW5FbEFHYVZ4WjA4WVViZm42bmcifQ.drkTFEA9UWFb7Vok-uNHxbsNhwsAGNK5UqpiKBH9JZHMkn5LBHV6pypWdkKBBtChicmBzTzE__BJUXdlAeSGBXSNNTpYUnLRP_uMbNAr3Km6JQiqcDZpoupJq_3CcpQd

http://racing-game-2-sxbh1ucu6afd9og8kb ... MKRy-EtlKL

I have been Googling around, and this problem seems to be very common in Facebook apps. Have not yet found a true solution, though many people offer false solutions. Some people say it is a problem on the Facebook side, other suggest resyncing the clock (which I did with no luck).

I have also removed and re-added the app, cleared my browser history, and tried several magic chants ;)
moosemouse
Paid Member

Postby Henrik » May 28th, 2011, 6:02 pm

The only times I'm using IE9 is for testing, so I don't have anything funky in it, it should be as plain and standard as possible, and of course those four links work perfectly for me as well. :D

If you end up in a redirection loop, something's gone wrong with the FB authentication, it doesn't "stick". I remember we had a lot of trouble getting this to work since it requires third-party cookies, Sitebox sets cookies, but since it's running in an IFrame inside Facebook, it's not always allowed to do that. I remember the fix for this in IE was to send extra HTTP headers telling it to allow it.

Clear all cookies associated with any playerio domain and try again?

Check your security settings in IE: Internet Options -> Privacy -> Advanced, make sure you accept third-party cookies, and try again?
Henrik
.IO

Postby moosemouse » May 28th, 2011, 6:28 pm

Hmm.. all that stuff checks out. Looks like it is something with my computer. I just tried my wife's computer and her Facebook login, and it worked properly. I should have tried that sooner.. sorry to bother.
moosemouse
Paid Member

Postby Henrik » May 28th, 2011, 7:57 pm

Well, we would like to get that problem fixed so it never happens for anyone. :)
Henrik
.IO

Postby moosemouse » May 28th, 2011, 8:20 pm

I will post here if I figure it out.. but I am out of ideas at the moment. Both of our computers have 64bit Windows 7 with IE9. Seems like the settings on each are the same, although there are MANY settings. I need to move on to other stuff for now, but it is on my "to do" list to figure out :)
moosemouse
Paid Member

Postby azuanagames » June 7th, 2011, 6:26 am

Seems I'm seeing this issue. Just tested with IE9 64 bit. Infinite refresh. Works fine with IE9 32 bit.

I'll keep looking into it as well.
azuanagames

Postby Benjaminsen » June 8th, 2011, 9:24 am

Hi guys, sorry for not tracking down this bug before now.

The old auth mechanism used with Facebook does no longer work with modern browsers.
You can fix it by simply toggling OAuth2 for canvas pages, to true, in your Advanced settings:

Benjaminsen
.IO

Postby moosemouse » June 10th, 2011, 12:36 am

Hi Benjaminsen,

I made the change you suggested, and I am still getting this problem. I made the change several hours ago and waited for stuff to propagate. I also deleted all history, cookies, etc.

Does anyone else still have this problem after making the change?

Thanks,
Shawn
moosemouse
Paid Member

Postby Benjaminsen » June 10th, 2011, 8:38 am

Thats very strange, could you add me to skype, my handle is q-rious, so we might debug it together?
Benjaminsen
.IO

Postby moosemouse » June 10th, 2011, 1:14 pm

Alright, I just figured out my problem. I have been using the Flash Player 11 Beta Incubator build on IE. I just rolled back to Flash Player 10.3 and it works. Sorry about the run around. I am doing lots of Flash 3D.. and Flash Player 11 (Molehill) is such a big part of my life right now that I didn't even notice.
moosemouse
Paid Member

Return to Sitebox