Forum Sitebox Payvault providers on Facebook? Coins page?

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO webpage and Facebook app hosting solution, Sitebox.

Payvault providers on Facebook? Coins page?

Postby mrgreen » April 17th, 2011, 1:44 pm

2 Questions:

1) How can I choose Facebook Credits, for the coins.html? I know you support FB Credits, but on the Sitebox documentation you dont list Facebook as a provider for the Coins page? (Even though they are going to be mandatory ) So if you do support it, whats the keyword?

2) Whats the proper URL of the coins.html iFrame page?
I want to have a button in Flash, in the .SWF saying "Get coins", and that would open up that page in the same window? How would i do that? is there anything special I need to do when formatting the url?

Thanks
mrgreen

Re: Payvault providers on Facebook? Coins page?

Postby Oliver » April 19th, 2011, 11:18 am

a) Facebook Credits don't have an in-page contentbox -- they work with popup overlays instead which is why the {% payvault %} tag does not support facebook credits.

b) It would apps.facebook.com/<yourgame>/coins, like: http://apps.facebook.com/seedlings/coins
Oliver
.IO

Postby mrgreen » April 19th, 2011, 12:26 pm

I see, so how is this going to affect the Sitebox template that you have on offer?

I mean the "buy coins" tab takes the user to a page, where at the moment all sorts of offers are displayed.
In a few months we cannot display any of those as Facebook Credits will be mandatory. So whats going to be shown under the "Buy Coins" tab then?
mrgreen

Postby Benjaminsen » April 19th, 2011, 12:30 pm

mrgreen wrote:I see, so how is this going to affect the Sitebox template that you have on offer?

I mean the "buy coins" tab takes the user to a page, where at the moment all sorts of offers are displayed.
In a few months we cannot display any of those as Facebook Credits will be mandatory. So whats going to be shown under the "Buy Coins" tab then?

Sitebox is not meant only for Facebook and are used by clients for custom integrations as well. Thus the tag will keep working. It's your job as a developer to ensure that you comply with Facebooks TOC.
Benjaminsen
.IO

Postby Henrik » April 24th, 2011, 1:23 am

mrgreen wrote:I mean the "buy coins" tab takes the user to a page, where at the moment all sorts of offers are displayed.

There's a big difference between offer-based providers and Facebook Coins. In the former, you can show a page with offers without having to initiate some sort of transaction, but in the latter you have to initiate a transaction that's bound to a specific Facebook user before you can show the UI for it. Therefore, you can't have a separate page for it.

We should probably update the Seedlings example to have a button inside the Flash game itself that pops up the Facebook Coins UI since that's the only way to do it.
Henrik
.IO

Postby whitershores » July 2nd, 2011, 3:07 pm

Any progress on this Henrik?
whitershores
Paid Member

Return to Sitebox