Forum Sitebox requesting permissions when app is installed?

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO webpage and Facebook app hosting solution, Sitebox.

requesting permissions when app is installed?

Postby mrgreen » April 16th, 2011, 2:42 pm

Hiya

I am referring to the Seedlings sitebox example. When the Facebook app is first installed where does the initial set of Permissions that the app requires come from?

IE, when you access the Seedlings game via Facebook, the game Authenticates via the access_token that is encoded in the URL, and goes straight to facebookOAuthConnect in the Game.as, where the FB.init() does not request any permissions, so my question is how is the initial set of permissions determined?
( IE if you connect via a Popup, or use the FB.login methods you do have an option for passing in an array of Permissions that your app requests. However if you authenticate automatically then you dont get those options )

For example if you install CityVille, immediately(before the .SWF is loaded) you are asked for Email and Publish access rights? I was thinking that perhaps the .html page has FB Javascript, that asks for those permissions, but I couldn't find it. Of course the Seedlings example only requires the Basic permissions which you get by default, and can request more by completing the tasks in the top bar. But how & where would I request the extended permissions publish_stream & email, if I wanted those upon install ?
mrgreen

Re: requesting permissions when app is installed?

Postby Benjaminsen » April 17th, 2011, 8:58 am

In your SiteBox admin pannel you can choose which permissions SiteBox requires you to have before you can install the application. Likewise in all facebook based auth requests you can parse an array of strings determining extra permissions you might want to request.
Benjaminsen
.IO

Return to Sitebox