Forum Sitebox Sitebox support for networks other than Facebook?

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO webpage and Facebook app hosting solution, Sitebox.

Sitebox support for networks other than Facebook?

Postby jasonMcIntosh » April 1st, 2011, 7:08 pm

I was curious if there are any plans to add integration with social networks other than Facebook?

For example, Hi-5, Orkut or other non-US networks? I'm very interested in taking my games to multiple territories outside the US in the long term.

Thanks!
Jason McIntosh
Otherwhere Gameworks
jasonMcIntosh

Re: Sitebox support for networks other than Facebook?

Postby Benjaminsen » April 1st, 2011, 7:37 pm

Yep, sitebox where always build to support multiple networks. We do however implement features based on the feedback and request from our users. You are the first to request more integrations!
Benjaminsen
.IO

Postby jasonMcIntosh » April 1st, 2011, 8:25 pm

Ok, I'll begin lobbying operations immediately to get more developers behind this request! :D
Jason McIntosh
Otherwhere Gameworks
jasonMcIntosh

Postby Henrik » April 1st, 2011, 9:19 pm

Uhm...

Sitebox is the feature that lets you host web content through our CDN. Sitebox for Facebook is the feature that lets you host everything needed to make a Facebook App through our systems.

Do the other networks you mention implement something similar to Facebook Apps where you need to host webpages that are then pulled into the network's platform?

QuickConnect is the feature that lets you authenticate players in your game using credentials from other sources, for example Facebook or Kongregate.

Do the other networks you mention implement some way to use their credentials on 3rd party sites, i.e. "Log in with your Orkut account here"?
Henrik
.IO

Postby Benjaminsen » April 1st, 2011, 9:34 pm

Henrik wrote:Uhm...

Sitebox is the feature that lets you host web content through our CDN. Sitebox for Facebook is the feature that lets you host everything needed to make a Facebook App through our systems.

Do the other networks you mention implement something similar to Facebook Apps where you need to host webpages that are then pulled into the network's platform?

QuickConnect is the feature that lets you authenticate players in your game using credentials from other sources, for example Facebook or Kongregate.

Do the other networks you mention implement some way to use their credentials on 3rd party sites, i.e. "Log in with your Orkut account here"?

What he want is simply a full integration like that of Facebook for other social networks. Including sitebox hosting, auth and API integration ;)
Benjaminsen
.IO

Postby Henrik » April 1st, 2011, 9:40 pm

Benjaminsen wrote:What he want is simply a full integration like that of Facebook for other social networks. Including sitebox hosting, auth and API integration ;)

Yes, I'm just wondering if those sites have the functionality to allow 3rd party apps and authentications like Facebook does.

*googles*

Oh look, both Orkut and Hi5 support something called OpenSocial... Oooh, XML, this looks really pretty...
Henrik
.IO

Postby jasonMcIntosh » April 1st, 2011, 10:01 pm

Henrik wrote:Oh look, both Orkut and Hi5 support something called OpenSocial... Oooh, XML, this looks really pretty...

Sounds like progress! :)
Jason McIntosh
Otherwhere Gameworks
jasonMcIntosh

Return to Sitebox