Forum Sitebox Posting to Wall issue

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO webpage and Facebook app hosting solution, Sitebox.

Posting to Wall issue

Postby azuanagames » October 23rd, 2010, 6:57 am

Occasionally when I try to post to wall I get the Loading… screen from Facebook and it never actually loads the Post to Wall UI.

I also, occasionally, get an Alert popup with: could not find flash element on the page w/ uiFlashId: flash_12878123483414241561

I'll run some more tests with firebug monitor up to see if I can figure out why these errors are happening. Does seem like it's not on my end though.
azuanagames

Re: Posting to Wall issue

Postby Oliver » October 25th, 2010, 12:04 pm

> Occasionally when I try to post to wall I get the Loading… screen from Facebook and it never actually loads the Post to Wall
UI.

That sounds like a problem with the Facebook Javascript SDK. If you can reliably reproduce it, we can have a look and see if we can figure out how to avoid it.

>I also, occasionally, get an Alert popup with: could not find flash element on the page w/ uiFlashId: flash_12878123483414241561

That's weider. In a standard sitebox setup, SWFObject is used to embed the flash object into the page, and then the Facebook AS3 Graph API (http://github.com/playerio/Facebook-Graph-As3) calls the Facebook Javascript SDK from inside the flash file and tells the Facebook Javascript SDK to call back into the Flash file via the flash id.

Again, if you can figure out how to reliably reproduce it we can have a look and most likely fix it :)

Best,
Oliver
Oliver
.IO

Re: Posting to Wall issue

Postby azuanagames » October 25th, 2010, 12:44 pm

Wish I could reproduce it. Will let you know if I can figure a way.
azuanagames

Return to Sitebox