Forum Sitebox Server Error in '/' Application

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO webpage and Facebook app hosting solution, Sitebox.

Server Error in '/' Application

Postby azuanagames » October 21st, 2010, 6:08 am

At first I was getting this error from facebook:

Code: Select all
Invalid OAuth 2.0 Access Token...

After refreshing and trying the log-in with Internet Explorer I started getting this error:

Code: Select all
Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. 

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>

I have no idea why I'm getting these errors, looks like its on your end.
azuanagames

Re: Server Error in '/' Application

Postby Oliver » October 22nd, 2010, 2:54 pm

That is odd.

I just checked your facebook app, and everything seems to be working fine now, so whatever it was was transient in nature. We have an errorlog that i'll go dig through afterwards to see if there is something in there.

It's either in our end, or in Facebook. A week or two ago, Facebook did something which caused a service they're providing to exchange old-style api-keys to new OAuth token to fail for an entire day: a ton of games where down that day.

Sitebox for Facebook supports all the different facebook authentication methods though, so for all the facebook apps running on Sitebox that day, the problem could be worked around by simply changing which authentication method the app used in the facebook app administration section on facebook. Sitebox Apps Up, other apps down.

If you experience it again, you can try changing the authentication method in the facebook app administration section on facebook. I'm also going to PM you contact details, so you can contact us directly if you ever experience it again.

Best,
Oliver
Oliver
.IO

Re: Server Error in '/' Application

Postby azuanagames » October 22nd, 2010, 6:00 pm

Thank you.

Indeed I haven't seen this error again. And it only lasted about 15 minutes... More than likely it was Facebook. Especially given the fact that it was only 1 user account that had the error!
azuanagames

Return to Sitebox