Forum GameFS Just got this error

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO game asset hosting and CDN solution, GameFS.

Just got this error

Postby robertflesch » November 6th, 2017, 4:11 pm

http://r.playerio.com/r/voxelverse-lpej ... _en/en.xml
which resolved to
http://playerio-a.akamaihd.net/voxelver ... _en/en.xml

<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Access Denied</Message>
<RequestId>F86CDD94A0354665</RequestId>
<HostId>
jFuxRveQxl7SFX/QlyPp2z5moyU4r+mI+yjuv4hC4pJKKEcRSYQy4fX5/2ZBo1Ec2e9l9fzd/zA=
</HostId>
</Error>

WTF?

I can see the file in GameFS, why is akamaihd failing on this?
robertflesch
Paid Member

Re: Just got this error

Postby robertflesch » November 6th, 2017, 4:38 pm

This is the only asset that gives me this problem.

I went in and manually modified the file in the control panel hoping that would help. But I am still seeing this error.
robertflesch
Paid Member

Postby Henrik » November 11th, 2017, 7:47 am

That's the wrong url for the file, it should be:

http://r.playerio.com/r/voxelverse-lpej ... _en/en.xml

(Because you put the assets folder inside the Sitebox folder for your domain, and not at the root of your GameFS for that game)
Henrik
.IO

Postby robertflesch » November 11th, 2017, 4:04 pm

Indeed, my bad on that.
I have found this to be a bit confusing, the assets actually work in both the VoxelVerse/VoxelVerse/assets/... and in the VoxelVerse/assets/...
folders, but the swf reference only works when it is in the VoxelVerse/VoxelVerse/ folder

Also, but shouldn't GameFS return an error rather than a redirect to an error?
robertflesch
Paid Member

Postby Henrik » November 11th, 2017, 9:30 pm

robertflesch wrote:Indeed, my bad on that.
I have found this to be a bit confusing, the assets actually work in both the VoxelVerse/VoxelVerse/assets/... and in the VoxelVerse/assets/...
folders, but the swf reference only works when it is in the VoxelVerse/VoxelVerse/ folder

For your Sitebox website, which is where I assume you have an .html page, with a {% swf ... %} tag, then yes, all assets to the page should be in VoxelVerse/VoxelVerse or below, because that's the root folder of the Sitebox site.

VoxelVerse/ is the root folder of GameFS for your game, so that's where you can put stuff that you access through the GameFS methods of the PlayerIO client.

robertflesch wrote:Also, but shouldn't GameFS return an error rather than a redirect to an error?

That would be much better than a weird "access denied" blob of xml, yes. I know we couldn't do better than that when we originally built the thing, because of limitations of Amazon S3, but I can take a look and see if it's possible to return a proper 404 error message instead.
Henrik
.IO

Return to GameFS