Forum GameFS Problem loading content through GAMEFS recenty

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO game asset hosting and CDN solution, GameFS.

Problem loading content through GAMEFS recenty

Postby robscherer123 » August 19th, 2013, 3:57 pm

For some reason players have been reporting that the game has recently been giving them trouble loading. They are saying that only a white box with a green line is displaying for them. This is the loader SWF that they are seeing (My loader SWF has a green mark in the top corner). This means for some reason the GameFS isn't properly loading the main game file that is being requested. Does this have something to do with the new servers that were just installed? I never had players have this problem before up until several days ago. Any info on this problem?

Also, if I give players a direct link to the PlayerIO permanent link for the SWF, the player usually says that it works for them. I never personally get the problem, but several players said they are getting it now.
robscherer123
Paid Member

Re: Problem loading content through GAMEFS recenty

Postby robscherer123 » August 19th, 2013, 4:31 pm

Just an update. Another recent player said the direct link is not working for him, he said he gets a "HTTP Error 404" when he tries to go to this link http://r.playerio.com/r/hello-world-f8wdei2ucusdudkhbayw9g/MyGame.swf

It works just fine for me, so I have no clue what the problem is but like I said, I've been getting a few players have this happen recently.
robscherer123
Paid Member

Postby robscherer123 » August 20th, 2013, 9:09 pm

I made some leeway finding out why some of the players are unable to connect! I made a swf for them to test connection that prints out any PlayerIOError's upon trying to connect. The player said he is receiving the following error.

"securityError. Please verify that your internet connection is working!"

Obviously he has internet, he's been sending me emails and doing other things on the internet, which include loading the page with the SWF. =P

This is quite likely maybe something to do with the new Yahoo servers moving or something related to that? I seem to only have this problem after that happened. Maybe I will tell him to try and disable his firewall's temporarily or something?
robscherer123
Paid Member

Postby robscherer123 » August 21st, 2013, 7:38 pm

Another update. Not sure if something was changed on the PlayerIO end, but the 2-3 players I was helping with the problem said that it has somehow resolved itself. So problem fixed!
robscherer123
Paid Member

Return to GameFS