Forum GameFS Error uploading .unity3D files on GameFS

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO game asset hosting and CDN solution, GameFS.

Error uploading .unity3D files on GameFS

Postby CryWolfStudios » November 12th, 2012, 11:20 am

This is somewhat a continuation of this thread: gamefs/ftp-issues-t2134

But I thought I'll start a new thread and try to narrow down the error in more detail. If you think this thread is unnecessary, please delete it. I'm somewhat desperate in getting this to work.

I just created a facebook game with sitebox and gameFS. I uploaded a .unity3d file along with the html file that goes with it. Everything works as expected and just fine.
I do, however, like to test things and that requires a lot of new uploads of that .unity3d file. That's where the problem begins.

After about 10 new uploads of that file, the unity3d file gets a new file extension - ._v9. There is no trace of the file without the _v9 extension whatsoever.

The _v9 file cannot be moved, replaced, renamed or deleted. When I try do do any of that in the web-UI - nothing happens. In the FTP - software(Cyberduck) - it says "500 Internal error".(See pic in previous thread)

To try and solve it temporarily, I just uploaded a new file called WebPlayerNEW.unity3d. That worked fine the first ten times, just as the first file, but then that file also got a _v9 extension.

error2.png
error2.png (15.68 KiB) Viewed 6388 times

Is this a problem that can/is going to be solved? Are there any workarounds? Since I only have 200mb of storage - I don't want files just lying there taking space.

/Thanks,
Niklas - Cry Wolf Studios
CryWolfStudios
Paid Member

Return to GameFS