Forum GameFS Server cache problem

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO game asset hosting and CDN solution, GameFS.

Server cache problem

Postby cjcenizal » April 28th, 2011, 7:03 am

I have a Facebook game hosted entirely using PlayerIO (SiteBox, GameFS, BigDB, etc). I uploaded new versions of my SWF via FTP, but when I checked the game on Facebook, it looked like the old SWF was still being served up. So I:

1. Deleted the SWF entirely
2. Cleared the caches of Firefox, Safari, and Chrome
3. Appended a cache-busting variable to the end of my SWF's filename in the embed tag in index.html
4. And checked it again

The old SWF still showed up. I tried uploading the new SWF via GameFS instead of FTP, and the problem persisted.

This looks like a problem with GameFS's caching. What do you guys think?
cjcenizal
Paid Member

Re: Server cache problem

Postby Oliver » April 28th, 2011, 10:14 am

Sounds like it...

You say it's the same behavior on both the WebUI and FTP ?

What happens if you upload it again multiple times, or upload it with new filename?

Did it just start happening all of the suddden?

- Oliver
Oliver
.IO

Postby cjcenizal » April 28th, 2011, 4:44 pm

Hi Oliver, thanks for super fast response. The WebUI and FTP both result in the same behavior. It did just start happening all of a sudden. It used to work fine before when I would just overwrite the old file. Uploading multiple times has the same behavior. Uploading with a new filename does solve the problem -- great idea! Don't know why I didn't think of that. :) While this solves my issue temporarily, is there any more information I can provide or anything I can do to help you diagnose the underlying problem further?
cjcenizal
Paid Member

Postby Oliver » April 28th, 2011, 5:09 pm

You can send me the filename, and i'll try it myself. But only once i know you've switched to using another file...
Oliver
.IO

Return to GameFS