Forum GameFS Unable to upload

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO game asset hosting and CDN solution, GameFS.

Unable to upload

Postby moosemouse » April 4th, 2011, 4:07 pm

Today I am unable to upload files. I don't think it is a problem on my end because it is just a new version of a file I have been uploading for many months.

I am using the Web Interface. It appears to upload the file, but it does not show up in the list afterward, and it is not accessible. If I load very small test files (8 Kb), they seem to upload. But when I try to upload my 3.6 Mb file I encounter this error. I also tried to upload a 1.2 Mb .psd file as a test, and it would not show up either.

Any ideas what is going on?

Thanks,
Shawn
moosemouse
Paid Member

Re: Unable to upload

Postby cjcenizal » April 4th, 2011, 5:05 pm

I've had some problems with the web interface in the recent past. I avoided them by just using a regular FTP client.
cjcenizal
Paid Member

Postby moosemouse » April 4th, 2011, 5:53 pm

Hmm.. just tried the ftp and I seem to be having the same problem. Has anyone tried to upload anything over a few Mb's in the past few hours?

Edit: I got the ftp to work now.. still having problems with the web interface.
moosemouse
Paid Member

Postby azuanagames » July 19th, 2011, 2:24 am

Having the same issue now... I can't seem to upload. My swf is currently around 9meg...
azuanagames

Postby Henrik » July 20th, 2011, 4:11 am

azuanagames wrote:Having the same issue now... I can't seem to upload. My swf is currently around 9meg...

How are you uploading your game, through the web interface or FTP?
Henrik
.IO

Postby azuanagames » July 20th, 2011, 8:08 pm

The problem was with the web interface. FTP wouldn't work at all either. (FTP actually gave an error, the web interface said nothing.)

Last night I was finally able to upload. Mind you when I posted I could not even create normal text files. Last night everything worked just fine. I also reduced the size of the swf to around 2 megs.
azuanagames

Postby PeteHufnagel » July 24th, 2011, 2:53 am

I've also been having issues uploading. A couple weeks ago I was failing to upload a large file (like 15 meg, small ones were working). It kept failing and seemed to even be disconnecting me from MSN for some reason (maybe interrupting other connections as well). I tried via a different FTP app, but I got the same problem (complete with MSN interruption.) I just tried now, a couple weeks later, and got the same problem via the web interface.
PeteHufnagel

Postby PeteHufnagel » July 26th, 2011, 7:52 am

I was trying it a bit more, and consistently when it reaches about 28% of the upload progress I briefly lose my internet connection. I tried disabling my anti-virus software, but that didn't help. Smaller files work fine.
PeteHufnagel

Return to GameFS