Forum GameFS SOLVED:After uploading files, get error "Couldn't find file"

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO game asset hosting and CDN solution, GameFS.

SOLVED:After uploading files, get error "Couldn't find file"

Postby cjcenizal » March 29th, 2011, 2:26 am

I'm logged into my game's ftp folders on the GameFS system, using both the WebUI and my own FTP client simultaneously. I've uploaded a file called index.html, but when I view the game on Facebook (http://apps.facebook.com/aatesting_one/), I get an error: "Couldn't find file: /AATesting Facebook App/index.html ".

I've checked to make sure the game is configured on Facebook to connect to my Sitebox correctly, and it is. I've also refreshed views in both my FTP client and WebUI to make sure the file showed up in both, and it did. It's been 15 minutes of clearing my cache and refreshing the browser, but I still keep getting the "Couldn't find file" error. Any idea what could be causing this? Thanks!

UPDATE 1:
Before hitting "Submit" on this post, I decided to try deleting the games I had set up so far and just starting fresh. Two problems have occurred:

1) Deleting a game doesn't seem to delete the game folders when I log in via my FTP client.

2) After creating a new game, I can view the GameFS folders view WebUI, but the folders and files don't appear when I log in via my FTP client.

The WebUI seems to have changed in the past 5 minutes. Did you guys push an update? Maybe that's related to these problems?

UPDATE 2:
Well, after starting a new game afresh, all of these problems seem to have disappeared. If I could give any advice, it'd be don't use underscores in your game name! Facebook won't accept them as valid URLs to your Canvas page and web site.
cjcenizal
Paid Member

Re: SOLVED:After uploading files, get error "Couldn't find file"

Postby Oliver » April 15th, 2011, 11:38 am

Hey,

Thanks for reporting these issues. I just wanted to let you know that we've received your report and have added the bugs to the bug tracking system.

- Oliver
Oliver
.IO

Postby Henrik » May 19th, 2011, 6:50 pm

Funky, when I try to reproduce this, Facebook tells me that "Canvas URL must be a URL with a valid domain." when I enter the domain generated by Sitebox, which contains an underscore, but is a perfectly valid and working domain. Oh well, that's better than it being accepted by Facebook and then not just working.

I'll see if I can fix the domain name generator so it doesn't include underscores.
Henrik
.IO

Postby Henrik » May 19th, 2011, 7:26 pm

There we go, the connect id of a game will now never contain underscores, which means that the canvas urls and site urls for a SiteBox Facebook app also won't contain underscores, and then everything will work fine, no matter how you name your game.

Sorry for the late followup, but better later than never! :D
Henrik
.IO

Postby cjcenizal » May 19th, 2011, 7:31 pm

LOL no worries! Nice work fixing it guys!
cjcenizal
Paid Member

Return to GameFS