Forum QuickConnect Persistent Log in

Discussion and help relating to PlayerIO's QuickConnect feature, including Facebook Connect and Kongregate Connect.

Persistent Log in

Postby groomi » July 28th, 2013, 3:47 pm

Hi guys,

For my flash web-app I would like there to be an option for a user to tick a box and have them be automatically logged in each time they refresh the page until they log out by clicking another button. They will have registered and signed in using simpleConnect.

Now, usually if I was using my own server this would be done with a hash I request and verify from the server somewhere. With PlayerIO it seems that every login request requires a plain text username & password to be sent from the client. In AS3/flash it looks like this can only be stored in plaintext using the SharedObject.getLocal method.

Is there something in the PlayerIO API I have overlooked that can enable this feature without storing plain-text passwords locally, or does anybody have a better idea of how to implement this in a secure way with AS3

Thanks
Stephen
groomi
Paid Member

Re: Persistent Log in

Postby Henrik » July 29th, 2013, 5:49 pm

Sorry, no, this is not something we currently support. You can always remember the username, that makes it a bit easier for your users.
Henrik
.IO

Re: Persistent Log in

Postby groomi » July 29th, 2013, 7:31 pm

You say 'currently'. Does that suggest a future implementation?
groomi
Paid Member

Return to QuickConnect