Forum QuickConnect FB connect popup no callback

Discussion and help relating to PlayerIO's QuickConnect feature, including Facebook Connect and Kongregate Connect.

FB connect popup no callback

Postby newen » February 12th, 2013, 5:38 am

Hello. I'm having trouble with my fb connect popup.

when I did it yesterday it was working fine, I would get the call back and the code in that function would run.

but now I go back in, same code plus some adjustments and more code. But now I'm not getting any callback.

When I click the fb connect button the poput appears and i log in as normal. but then the window goes away and the callback is never triggered.

Anyone else has had trouble with this?

CheerS!
newen

Re: FB connect popup no callback

Postby Benjaminsen » February 15th, 2013, 1:08 pm

Hey, the window should not be able to go away without a successful callback. The system is however using Flash local connections which tend to be a bit flaky, can I get you to try restarting your browser/ computer etc to see if the problem goes away?.

When that is said, FacebookConnectPopup lost most of it's usage outside development testing when Facebook introduced their new terms and conditions that disallow the usage of their social API's outside of Facebook canvas pages. You are properly aware of this, but I just wanted to make the note.
Benjaminsen
.IO

Postby newen » February 18th, 2013, 2:00 am

looking to the net tab in firebug (in firefox) i see the net conecction of the callback. I'm pasting here the first few lines of the code that comes back.

"CWS å˜�xœÌ½ x“Å0<ï:ÙÚ¦{én´”6MºS é’.Zº°§5i“6Ð6%IË"hÙYµ²¯
"È¢‚¸ "KZ * ¢¢€â.ýfæMJËåz¯ÿ}¾çÿʓ™3gö3gfΜ3ó2p•�x´NlO� ‹îìì<ä+E J«Œ
FE<�¢‰žñœÁŸt^òm¾PF"§óÈ<ˉx–óR™„ç9’È<¼Ýe2)
‰er¹,X¡ò–É$R‰ÌÝ;|<dr„Ux£.„‚P®€n
üç+sóT¸þ|䁊ÿø×y ~$ƒßª =)Ɠê|ã¦Ò n¯ëc!͋(Å–Ša�ä² Ž¤‚å<yèåíÓ·$^S¶ôé6ß~#3õ“í»B“¬½´ÛÏ_•ðêk—PvŸîÅ
ëù¯ØπŒAíðd<ÁPpû/· ÓA¿ˆv/ô³:yÒÁ¿z™Ô§´¿Fª›Us»þº°òHý…–5·Ìòú38|èé±ùšª™
×W·
¹òÅø¦ŸïÏÍöK>ûý³o†~?üÎÁ–¼?–Ûÿs’¦Õ5{Y_Eç3g½µNå
v:ÚN—õöíÁ…;/ü0·át¯‡¿RøùÒ_"~¿Ðž¼~æ1Ë{›WïùòÜ¤í¯Êñ
>{ jì‰=ï~5eñ¤5K>ròguìKö=?üX~ÔºuÍ[v•„òùÕòla³GWz ?rç5óc·>™½é‡ÔÓsϯjˆ[Ð«÷ðÅ«‡¾wýgÿ‰û¿Ü´à§qÓ?Jê³ðMÙiEÉþoj¿[Çð}–_ñò×?ríçá(gǜ½Ï_m²øŽŽk¹q+ñ³)«DÆ:½û;K |ùvvü‰ žÿbõË£Þ,ªðÜ/^¢~-ÿìá#nï˜í}$¾—tÆŸ>þöÏ«Wˆ—L:.h™@À«;ãž[wpì·1§Fƒã¶G›&oýÌkóÓIKr.Ì[–2¤}hÍG çá¿æ¿5>ìËؤ¹[×nbž›úЎ¹G  ¼z^÷ÉÍã+::Ý-ë­×íǯ÷±Z„οº½¹v€}í…ˆöœr뢧S2æ‡-{8ö0ôäwKο1ÈzB·?Ö1ͺÛ|¼iÓ¬÷N˜Sj7Ô¼¹Yr¸Wè» ¬µ^±ó»>„Ãï£FnޝäG6ìy¾íRÆÉì#g¼d¾ôÏ·oõ}è˜hQû[ê¹_í©xú)х"

That being said. If the FacebookConnectPopup is not usefull anymore, then what is the best workaround? is there a recomended workaround for this. or is it each one on his own?
newen

Postby newen » February 18th, 2013, 5:56 am

Update:

I deleted the users from the quickconnect list in the admin panel, and i loged in again, and it stores the user.

but the callback is still not coming through.

This is when i run it on OSX.

when in windows, I get a debug player error message that seas something about oauth2 having an error. and that the error is located in a file client.

I'll repeat the process tomorrow and paste the complete line of code for the error.
newen

Postby Benjaminsen » February 18th, 2013, 5:28 pm

Yea, post the error :)
Benjaminsen
.IO

Postby newen » February 19th, 2013, 12:44 am

Here it is...

Error #2044: Unhandled AsyncErrorEvent:. text=Error #2095: flash.net.LocalConnection was unable to invoke callback oauth2. error=TypeError: Error #1007: Instantiation attempted on a non-constructor.
newen

Postby Benjaminsen » February 19th, 2013, 2:05 pm

newen wrote:Here it is...

Error #2044: Unhandled AsyncErrorEvent:. text=Error #2095: flash.net.LocalConnection was unable to invoke callback oauth2. error=TypeError: Error #1007: Instantiation attempted on a non-constructor.

That looks bad, could you upload a small example somewhere of this code running?
Benjaminsen
.IO

Postby newen » February 19th, 2013, 2:38 pm

hhhmm. I woudn't know hot to replicate it exactly.

I´m working on an 3 years old iMac, i´m running windows 8 under vmware fusion.

I installed the latest firefox as of last week, same with the debug flash plugin.

then, running the html and swf file (local) i get that error when trying to do the facebook connect.

When i run the same files on mac, i don´t get the error.

The same files are up on http://www.newenlabs.com/munio

But I don´t get the error when browsing that page.
newen

Return to QuickConnect