Forum QuickConnect Letting the user register

Discussion and help relating to PlayerIO's QuickConnect feature, including Facebook Connect and Kongregate Connect.

Letting the user register

Postby mstudios » November 25th, 2012, 9:08 am

I'm working on a small online platforming game. I'm trying to figure out how to let the player signup for the game. It'd be nice if it could happen within flash so the user doesn't have to open a browser(the game is a standalone EXE). Is there a set of code that player.io uses for this? Or do I have to make my own signup and use some code snippet to push the data to player.io. I'm just very lost at this point, haha.
mstudios

Re: Letting the user register

Postby Henrik » November 25th, 2012, 1:24 pm

Henrik
.IO

Postby mstudios » November 26th, 2012, 5:50 am

What if the majority of my game is programmed in the timeline(AS3) and i have 1 or two .as files controlling a few things but are linked to the game because they are in the same folder. Adding the MyGame class as the document class screws up EVERYTHING I have programmed so far. Is there a way to get this to work without setting the document class as MyGame - or whatever I happen to name it?
mstudios

Postby mstudios » December 10th, 2012, 6:59 pm

Man, no one? I'm still highly confused by the quickConnect and getting users registered. The documentation gives you a code snippet but no advice or hear-say on what to do with it. Where does it go? Is it something thats already written that I just have to include? Do i have to make any modifications to get it to work. What's more is that there are no examples of the registration being used...only the loose explanation in the documentation.
Any insight on this thing?
mstudios

Postby Benjaminsen » December 18th, 2012, 1:57 pm

mstudios wrote:Man, no one? I'm still highly confused by the quickConnect and getting users registered. The documentation gives you a code snippet but no advice or hear-say on what to do with it. Where does it go? Is it something thats already written that I just have to include? Do i have to make any modifications to get it to work. What's more is that there are no examples of the registration being used...only the loose explanation in the documentation.
Any insight on this thing?

I suggest taking a look at the examples. The code you need is directly related to simpleLogin and simpleRegister.
Benjaminsen
.IO

Return to QuickConnect