Forum QuickConnect A couple of questions

Discussion and help relating to PlayerIO's QuickConnect feature, including Facebook Connect and Kongregate Connect.

A couple of questions

Postby FefanSoftware » September 6th, 2012, 10:17 am

Hey there, I have a couple of questions about QuickConnect and BigDB.

Can I remove individual users from QuickConnect? It seems I can only delete a whole table (e.g. Simple, Kongregate). What if I want to only delete one?

How do I get the username of a player from the server? player.Name seems to returns nothing and connectUserID returns the username with simple or kongregate behind the username. Am I to cut this out in the server or should player.Name not be returning nothing?

Why can I not use player.PlayerObjects? I think it's because player.Name returns nothing. Am I connecting to the server incorrectly? After I use QuickConnect to do a simpleLogin, I receive the client function then connect from there. Is this correct?

Thanks. (: <3
FefanSoftware

Re: A couple of questions

Postby Benjaminsen » September 6th, 2012, 1:17 pm

While QuickConnect SimpleUsers does have usernames as one of the fields. Player.IO does not contain a username abstraction. IE it's your responsibility to handle usernames. The reason for this, is that with the huge amount of external databases out there, there is bound to be a lot of username namespace overlap, thus we want to leave it up to you as a developer to choose your solution.

Specifically for SimpleUsers, are are able to get their username, by sub stringing simple from their connectUserId.

To use PlayerObjects, you must first load them on the server. You can either do this by calling RefreshPlayerObject or loading them automatically by setting the PreloadPlayerObjects property in game started
Benjaminsen
.IO

Return to QuickConnect