Forum QuickConnect Changing passwords

Discussion and help relating to PlayerIO's QuickConnect feature, including Facebook Connect and Kongregate Connect.

Changing passwords

Postby MrBiscuits » February 25th, 2012, 1:58 pm

Is there any functionality for a user to change his password?

I can imagine users entering any old password when they sign up to a game which they may want to change later on.
MrBiscuits

Re: Changing passwords

Postby MrBiscuits » February 25th, 2012, 8:19 pm

Also is it possible to send a password recovery without the username being the actual email address?

I tried entering the email address instead of the username as the second parameter in simpleRecoverPassword
and it returns an error saying it can't find the user.

While I'm asking is it possible to change a username once it has been set?
MrBiscuits

Postby Henrik » February 25th, 2012, 10:25 pm

The simpleRegister() method takes both a username and an email address, and that is the email-address that the recover password email will be sent to, when you call the simpleRecoverPassword() method.
Henrik
.IO

Postby MrBiscuits » February 25th, 2012, 11:30 pm

On mine it only seems to ask for one parameter which is usernameOrEmail:String

simpleRecoverPassword(gameId:String, usernameOrEmail:String, callback:Function = null, errorHandler:Function = null):void

Sending the emailing address as that parameter causes an error stating that the username cannot be found.

Also is it possible to change username/password after a user has already registered?
MrBiscuits

Postby MrBiscuits » March 8th, 2012, 10:09 am

Anyone have any ideas on this?
MrBiscuits

Postby Henrik » March 8th, 2012, 12:18 pm

MrBiscuits wrote:On mine it only seems to ask for one parameter which is usernameOrEmail:String

No, the simpleRegister method takes a username and an optional email address. The simpleRecoverPassword method takes one parameter that can be either a username or an email address, and it does the following:

1. Tries to find a quickconnectuser with the same username as the given parameter.
  2. If it fails that, tries to find a quickconnectuser with the same email address as the given parameter.
  3. If it found a user, it sends a password recovery email to the email address of the user.
The only email address used is the one that was sent in when you called the simpleRegister method, and no, it's not possible to change this afterwards.
Henrik
.IO

Return to QuickConnect