Forum QuickConnect "Kong" appended to kongregate user id?

Discussion and help relating to PlayerIO's QuickConnect feature, including Facebook Connect and Kongregate Connect.

"Kong" appended to kongregate user id?

Postby mgray417 » November 28th, 2011, 5:58 pm

Maybe this has been covered before, but I couldn't find it in the forums here or on kongregate.

I can use quickconnect to connect to kongregate, but for some reason when I store the userId returned from kongregate.services.getUserId() in my BigDB, I am getting some inaccuracies. Sometimes it comes back as a 7 digit number, sometimes it comes back as "kong" plus the 7 digit number appended to the end of it. In the BigDB panel on my playerIO admin section, it shows up as just the 7 digit number. Where is the "kong" part of the id coming from? Does anyone know?

The strange part is, that I can save the result of kongregate.services.getUsername() into a BigDB entry called "username" for that person, and then access it from either the server or client, and it still returns the "kong"+ XXXXXXX id back to me. How is this possible?

From what I can see, there is no mention of this on the kongregate developer site, or in their api documentation. This is really causing me a headache and I have tried quite a few things to figure out why this is happening to no avail.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike
mgray417
Paid Member

Re: "Kong" appended to kongregate user id?

Postby Henrik » November 30th, 2011, 6:28 pm

When you do a regular Connect with the API, you supply the connectuserid, and Player.IO uses whatever you put in there. When you do a quickconnect, we generate a connectuserid to make sure all users have a unique connectuserid. For Kongregate users, this is simply "kong" + the Kongregate userid, for Facebook this is "fb" + the Facebook uid, and for Simple Users it's "simple" + simple username.

We use the connectuserid as the key of the BigDB PlayerObject, and you can retrieve it by calling the ConnectUserId property of the client, but that's it. I have absolutely no idea how you could get that from calling the kongregate API though, that sounds incredibly weird. Are you sure you're not mixing things up?
Henrik
.IO

Return to QuickConnect