Forum QuickConnect facebookOAuthConnectPopup error

Discussion and help relating to PlayerIO's QuickConnect feature, including Facebook Connect and Kongregate Connect.

facebookOAuthConnectPopup error

Postby dsaunder » August 26th, 2011, 1:50 am

OK, I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong here, but when I try to authenticate to FB with a new app now I get an error on the page without the error callback being called in the SWF. Here's the AS3 code:

PlayerIO.quickConnect.facebookOAuthConnectPopup(
stage,
szGameID,
szWindow,
[],
null,
OnFacebookAuth,
OnFacebookAuthError );

Pretty cookie cutter. I'm wondering if I have things setup correctly on the FB side of things, the documentation/PlayerIO site seems a bit outdated. Here's my setup:

Facebook:
App type: App on facebook
Canvas URL: The URL I get from PlayerIO: http://<mygamejunk>.fb.playerio.com/fb/

PlayerIO:
AppID: the AppID/API key FB gave me
Api Key: The AppID/API key FB gave me (using the same string for the app ID and API key in PlayerIO.)
App Secret: Using the app secret FB gave me.

Or am I just being impatient and Facebook takes forever to update everything :D

Thanks much!
dsaunder

Re: facebookOAuthConnectPopup error

Postby dsaunder » August 26th, 2011, 2:10 am

So I went in, copied the api key/app ID and pasted it into PlayerIO again, then did the same with the app secret, and now everything works. Man I'm good! :geek:
dsaunder

Re: facebookOAuthConnectPopup error

Postby Henrik » August 26th, 2011, 9:22 pm

Problem solved! But most probably you were impatient. Facebook *does* say that it takes a while for changes to propagate, and when you view your facebook app, you're probably not even viewing it from the same datacenter as the Player.IO servers are. So be patient, wait a few minutes for them to replicate everything.
Henrik
.IO

Return to QuickConnect