Forum QuickConnect QuickConnect For Facebook Domain Problem

Discussion and help relating to PlayerIO's QuickConnect feature, including Facebook Connect and Kongregate Connect.

QuickConnect For Facebook Domain Problem

Postby moosemouse » July 7th, 2011, 3:40 am

I am using QuickConnect for Facebook to allow users to login to my game on my website. This works great.. but I would also like to use some of the stream publish features of the playerio's FB API for actionscript. The stream publish errors out because I am not calling it from the same domain as the Facebook Web Settings Site URL.

Site URL is: http://[game id stuff].fb.playerio.com/fb/ per playerio instructions.

However Facebook requires me to make the Facebook Web Settings Site Domain = playerio.com or one of its subdomains. I need it to be moosemouse.com for the stream publish stuff to be allowed by Facebook.

Is there any way to get this to work with QuickConnect?

Thanks,
Shawn
moosemouse
Paid Member

Re: QuickConnect For Facebook Domain Problem

Postby Benjaminsen » July 9th, 2011, 6:39 pm

Hacky time!

You can host static files as part of your Facebook application, simply use a different master that does not require authentication. Now create a static page with your game embedded into it. Lastly embed said static page into your own domain using an iframe. Tada, you now have the game on your site running on the .playerio.com domain
Benjaminsen
.IO

Re: QuickConnect For Facebook Domain Problem

Postby moosemouse » July 9th, 2011, 9:07 pm

Ah yes, iframes.. I have to remember iframes. Thanks! I will give it a try :)
moosemouse
Paid Member

Return to QuickConnect