Forum QuickConnect simpleConnect: User does not exist?

Discussion and help relating to PlayerIO's QuickConnect feature, including Facebook Connect and Kongregate Connect.

simpleConnect: User does not exist?

Postby DMeville » June 28th, 2011, 10:48 pm

I'm testing out player.io out to see if it would be the right choice for something I'm starting work on in the near future, but I can't see to get a simpleUser login working...

I have a sample swf with login and register forms.
The register works perfectly, but if I reload the swf and try to login with the same credentials I just registered with it gives me an error: "The user does not exist"

Yet checking in the quickConnect SimpleUser admin area shows that I have one user, with the exact name that I'm entering (simply-"Test")

I'm not sure, maybe I'm doing something wrong or I need to set something in the admin panel, but I can't get this working!

It could very well be a problem with my AS3,
Code: Select all
PlayerIO.quickConnect.simpleConnect(stage, "gameid", loginScreen.USERNAME.text, loginScreen.PASSWORD.text, LoginComplete, LoginFail)

Gives me the aforementioned error, but hardcoding in the username and password like so...

PlayerIO.quickConnect.simpleConnect(stage, "gameid", "Test", "password", LoginComplete, LoginFail)

Does not give any errors, and everything logs in great!

Upon further inspection.
trace(loginScreen.USERNAME.text == "Test")

traces false, and I'm 100% sure the only thing I'm tying in the input field is "Test"

Does anyone know why this isn't working?
DMeville

Re: simpleConnect: User does not exist?

Postby Benjaminsen » June 29th, 2011, 10:46 am

Try doing the following trace

trace("|" + loginScreen.USERNAME.text + "|")

I am willing to bet that you have either 1: HTML formatted text or 2: A whitespace before the last "|".

The fix is rather simple, set the input field properties to
1: Not HTML
2: Single line
Benjaminsen
.IO

Return to QuickConnect