Forum QuickConnect Session timeout Bug?

Discussion and help relating to PlayerIO's QuickConnect feature, including Facebook Connect and Kongregate Connect.

Session timeout Bug?

Postby whitershores » June 21st, 2011, 4:22 pm

Hiya, I've been testing my game in the Flash IDE.

Everything works fine, I can log in via Facebook and received all details, and have been playing for about 1 hour when I got this message:

got Error: From Facebook: Error: Error validating access token: Session has expired at unix time 1308668400. The current unix time is 1308668443.

As I said, everything works perfectly, I can log in/out save data get friends etc, and this only happened after about an hour of playing while logged in, so it might be a bit hard to reproduce.
whitershores
Paid Member

Re: Session timeout Bug?

Postby whitershores » June 28th, 2011, 10:17 pm

Any progress on this?

A friend of mine involved in FB development says that this probably has to do with the application forgetting to renew the FB access token, which is issued for 2 hours, and the app would need to re-request it within that period. Alternatively an unlimited FB token can be requested.
whitershores
Paid Member

Postby Henrik » June 29th, 2011, 10:34 am

Uhm, you have the solution right there? :-)
Henrik
.IO

Postby whitershores » June 29th, 2011, 11:44 am

Well, I have no idea how to do that? Its auth-ed via the facebookOAuthConnectPopup. Should i ask the players to click that every 2 hours? :D
whitershores
Paid Member

Postby Benjaminsen » June 29th, 2011, 11:50 am

whitershores wrote:Well, I have no idea how to do that? Its auth-ed via the facebookOAuthConnectPopup. Should i ask the players to click that every 2 hours? :D

You will either have to re, request the auth every two hours or ask for the "offline access" permission from the user.
Benjaminsen
.IO

Return to QuickConnect