Forum QuickConnect facebookOAuthConnectPopup problem with v2.2.1

Discussion and help relating to PlayerIO's QuickConnect feature, including Facebook Connect and Kongregate Connect.

facebookOAuthConnectPopup problem with v2.2.1

Postby moosemouse » May 6th, 2011, 4:23 am

I just updated to playerio v2.2.1, and the facebookOAuthConnectPopup does not appear to be working. I added the new partnerId argument to the as3 code, so now it looks like this:

PlayerIO.quickConnect.facebookOAuthConnectPopup(stage, GAME_ID, "_blank", [], "", facebookConnectSuccessCallback, facebookConnectErrorCallback);

There are no actionscript errors, and no development server errors, but the Facebook popup says, "An error occured, please try again."

The actionscript code does not make it to the facebookConnectSuccessCallback, nor the facebookConnectErrorCallback.

So, I replaced the QuickConnect.as with an older one (before the partnerId argument was added) and it works. Any idea what is going on?

Thanks,
Shawn
moosemouse
Paid Member

Re: facebookOAuthConnectPopup problem with v2.2.1

Postby Benjaminsen » May 6th, 2011, 8:09 am

Hey, it seems like we have a small error in the Facebook Popup system. I will look into fixing it, in the meantime you can work around it by setting the affiliate to null. (or an affiliate id)

/Chris
Benjaminsen
.IO

Postby speedtouch » May 9th, 2011, 9:31 am

Hmm, I think I'm having the same problem, but I can't seem to get around it. Although, I'm not sure if I'm even doing this properly, since this is the first time I've tried interacting with facebook.

Code: Select all
PlayerIO.quickConnect.facebookOAuthConnectPopup(stage, gameID, "_blank", [], null,   connection.handleFacebookConnect, connection.handleError);

I get the facebook popup to come up, but as soon as I login, I get the "An error occured, please try again" inside the popup.

EDIT:

Fixed it. I tried doing the quickConnect with facebookConnectPopup. It gave me a useful error, and told me the api key was incorrect. Turns out my api secret was in my api key, and my api key was in my secret. Once I switched that around things went well.
Last edited by speedtouch on May 15th, 2011, 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
speedtouch

Postby wheiliang » May 13th, 2011, 8:22 am

I'm not sure what's wrong. I'm using the code below.
PlayerIO.QuickConnect.facebookOAuthConnectPopup (
   stage,
   "gameID",
   "_blank",
   ["publish_stream","offline_access"],
   null,
   function(client:Client, access_token:String, facebookuserid:String):void{
      trace("Connected", client, access_token, facebookuserid);                                                                
   },
   function(e:PlayerIOError):void{
      trace("Got", e)
});

However I can't get it right. Any clue what's wrong?
1119: Access of possibly undefined property QuickConnect through a reference with static type Class.
wheiliang

Postby speedtouch » May 14th, 2011, 9:19 am

I think it should be:

PlayerIO.quickConnect.facebookOAuthConnectPopup (

You had a capital 'Q' on quickConnect
speedtouch

Return to QuickConnect